Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

Do you know anyone in the medical field who could look at his foot? I'm with you about not cutting if not necessary but this is when someone who knows what to look for comes in to play. What the stringy tissue could have been is pus poultry don't have pus like humans it is thick and cheesey looking. 

No, we don't know anyone in the medical field. We got all stringy stuff out in that area, but there could be more in another. This is what came out besides the dark thing that was stuck in his foot:

No, we don't know anyone in the medical field. We got all stringy stuff out in that area, but there could be more in another. This is what came out besides the dark thing that was stuck in his foot:
Looks like pus to me. Do you have any idea what the dark thing was? I just don't know what to tell you you'll have to decide what action you want to take with this, why not see how it looks again tomorrow if it's traumatized from the thing and then you messing with it you should begin to see it getting better I'd think. Make sure he can't drink the ES water it is a laxative too.

Looks like pus to me. Do you have any idea what the dark thing was? I just don't know what to tell you you'll have to decide what action you want to take with this,  why not see how it looks again tomorrow if it's traumatized from the thing and then you messing with it you should begin to see it getting better I'd think. Make sure he can't drink the ES water it is a laxative too.

It was like a piece of stick are something, hard to tell. It was soft, but probably because of the ES. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it for a few days like you said. I try my best not to let him drink the ES. One time he got a sip of it, but I washed it down with water.

Last edited:
It was like a piece of stick are something, hard to tell. It was soft, but probably because of the ES. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it for a few days like you said. I try my best not to let him drink the ES. One time he got a sip of it, but I washed it down with water.
When I have to soak a foot on any of mine I use a small bucket or a plastic dish pan. Usually the bucket works better for keeping them from drinking I just put the warm water and ES stir to dissolve then place both feet in the bucket. [so much easier doing both] hold onto the duck or goose for at least 5 min longer if they will let me.With the dish pan because my ducks fill it up when they lay down they can't drink the water in it either.A small sip isn't going to hurt him, it's the big gulps that may cause the problem.

Last edited:
When I have to soak a foot on any of mine I use a small bucket or a plastic dish pan. Usually the bucket works better for keeping them from drinking I just put the warm water and ES stir to dissolve then place both feet in the bucket. [so much easier doing both] hold onto the duck or goose for at least 5 min longer if they will let me.With the dish pan because my ducks fill it up when they lay down they can't drink the water in it  either.A small sip isn't going to hurt him, it's the big gulps that may cause the problem.

I've been using a bowl and sticking both feet in there for 15 minutes. He gets a little antsy towards the end. He can't drink it when he lays down, but he stands up towards the end and makes a huge flappy mess, and always manages to get the salty water in my eyeball! So maybe a bucket is easier like you said.

Last edited:
Do you know anyone in the medical field who could look at his foot? I'm with you about not cutting if not necessary but this is when someone who knows what to look for comes in to play. What the stringy tissue could have been is pus poultry don't have pus like humans it is thick and cheesey looking. 

That came out of his foot?

-Kathy

That came out of his foot?

-Kathy

Yeah. That was when we were trying to get the thing out that was stuck in his foot. This stringy stuff came out too, Miss Lydia says it looks like pus.

If that was in his foot, it's pus, as is the "stringy" stuff. But I'm confused... where is the hole that it came out of?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom