Duckling Diaries: the Life and Times of a Welshie Trio

Pics

Ack!! The skin on my duckling's legs is peeling! What am I doing wrong??
They are eating chick starter, until I go into town and get them some correct food but this isn't that far off. Could a nutrient deficency be causing this? Will they be okay? :fl

Calm down, that's normal... they're growing so old skin will slough off as new skin grows with their bodies...

And I highly recommend Purina Flock Raiser crumbles if you have it available... it actually has the proper amount of niacin in it... :)

Calm down, that's normal... they're growing so old skin will slough off as new skin grows with their bodies...

And I highly recommend Purina Flock Raiser crumbles if you have it available... it actually has the proper amount of niacin in it...
smile.png
OH, thank goodness. I was panicking that they had some sort of exotic disease!
hide.gif

Thank you. I'll look for that, I think I recall seeing that. Not duckling starter, just flock raiser?
-Banti

OH, thank goodness. I was panicking that they had some sort of exotic disease! :oops:

Thank you. I'll look for that, I think I recall seeing that. Not duckling starter, just flock raiser?
-Banti

All good... better to check to make sure, right? Also, the skin they hatched with was used to being wet 24/7... it's adjusting... :)

Yep, just Flock Raiser... I use it for all of my flocks from hatch to lay...

All good... better to check to make sure, right? Also, the skin they hatched with was used to being wet 24/7... it's adjusting... :)

Yep, just Flock Raiser... I use it for all of my flocks from hatch to lay...

Thank you, that makes sense now. :thumbsup

Great, I will look for that!
-Banti

Thanks Y'all! Sorry, no more posed pics today- weather is lousy. I will present to you, however, the reason why I think I probably need to make another waterer:

Lil stinkers! :rolleyes: :love
-Banti

Back
Top Bottom