Duckling ear infection

angiegorham17

In the Brooder
May 27, 2016
My duckling has a double ear infection, he's on oflaxcin both ears twice daily, and baytril oral twice daily, I think I see something in his ear, I know the dr pulled out pus, but this is a round, dark reddish color in the ear hole, is this normal or should it literally just be a hole into the head?

That does not sound quite right to me, it's been a while since I've looked into a duck's ear, though.

@casportpony

@Orca5094

@WVduckchick

Can you get back to the vet?

I've never had any duck ear issues, so I'm not sure what would be normal either. All I do know is that their ear is indeed just a little hole in their head, basically. I don't think it's supposed to be red inside, though. That is probably from the infection, so I'd just continue treatment like the vet said, and maybe give the vet a call to ask and be sure. ;)

I've never had any duck ear issues, so I'm not sure what would be normal either. All I do know is that their ear is indeed just a little hole in their head, basically. I don't think it's supposed to be red inside, though. That is probably from the infection, so I'd just continue treatment like the vet said, and maybe give the vet a call to ask and be sure. ;) 

X2. No experience here.

@RavynFallen @Miss Lydia @jtn42248 any ideas?

Me either so not much help, keep up with what your doing and if no progress I'd call the vet back on Monday explain what your seeing and ask if this is normal .

Back
Top Bottom