Ducklings!

So, what are some of the names you're considering? Are they St. Patrick's-based or generally Irish-based? I'm good either way.

With a fair amount of Irish ancestry, I have to point out a pet peeve that resurfaces every March 17. The Irish nickname for Patrick (which can be spelled "Padraigh" over there, with or without the H) is Paddy, not Patty. Patty is a female nickname; I know an Irish-born woman whose name is Patty and who agrees with me.

On the other hand, I sincerely doubt your ducklings will care at all! Best wishes with your babies!

So, what are some of the names you're considering? Are they St. Patrick's-based or generally Irish-based? I'm good either way.

With a fair amount of Irish ancestry, I have to point out a pet peeve that resurfaces every March 17. The Irish nickname for Patrick (which can be spelled "Padraigh" over there, with or without the H) is Paddy, not Patty. Patty is a female nickname; I know an Irish-born woman whose name is Patty and who agrees with me.

On the other hand, I sincerely doubt your ducklings will care at all! Best wishes with your babies!
I am 10 % Irish. I was think of Lucky and Clover as 2 of the names but im not sure yet!

I went to the feed store today, to get the feed. And a family member had ordered chickens and was told they wouldnt be in until March 31st now they were suppose to come the 17th like the ducks. Just to make sure the ducks were ordered today to be here by Friday i asked, now they wont be in until after April 1st because they were to busy to order them. I already had the brooder set up, so i just put the food back on the shelf. Now i have to wait 17+ days to get them😞

I went to the feed store today, to get the feed. And a family member had ordered chickens and was told they wouldnt be in until March 31st now they were suppose to come the 17th like the ducks. Just to make sure the ducks were ordered today to be here by Friday i asked, now they wont be in until after April 1st because they were to busy to order them. I already had the brooder set up, so i just put the food back on the shelf. Now i have to wait 17+ days to get them😞
Maybe you could get them faster if you order from a hatchery . You might get them as fast as next week

Maybe you could get them faster if you order from a hatchery . You might get them as fast as next week
I looked at every hatchery i could think of i either have to pay a $50 small order fee. Or the welsh harlequins are currently unavailable. The feed store im ordering from uses cackle hatchery and on cackles site it says all the ducks are temporarily unavailable.

Back
Top Bottom