Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
not about chickens, but just got this "message" on Facebook:

Don't crack up until you get to the end YA GOTTA LAUGH TO KEEP FROM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!
These two an embarrassment to the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe asks for 6 months of retraining for 'Cattle Guards! '
You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet.
For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area.

For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.
A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately!
Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that...before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining. 'Times are hard,' said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families be given six months of retraining! '
And these two guys are running our country, OH MY SOUL!

We have them on private roads and driveways in Indiana, not any on public roads that I have seen

There are some on the county backroads up in the mountains in eastern Oregon. It's open range and keep the cattle off the more main roads where people travel faster. I think there are three on the way up to Dad's cabin.

I remember reading that joke years ago when Clinton was president and I think it was old then.

we don't have open grazing here we do have county roads and 2 lane highways that bisect farms and we reduce the speed limits there (like from 45 mph if they are that high though rarely in those areas usually max speed 30-35) and put up a cattle crossing sign (like a deer crossing sign with cows on it instead of deer images) and the words also for idiots but they are usually dairy farms where they may have the pastures across the road from the milking parlor.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/humor/cattleguards.asp
wink.png

About the deer crossing, did you see this one?
http://whotv.com/2012/10/18/deer-crossing-woman-upset-over-signs/

not about chickens, but just got this "message" on Facebook:

Don't crack up until you get to the end YA GOTTA LAUGH TO KEEP FROM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!
These two an embarrassment to the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe asks for 6 months of retraining for 'Cattle Guards! '
You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet.
For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area.

For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.
A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately!
Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that...before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining. 'Times are hard,' said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families be given six months of retraining! '
And these two guys are running our country, OH MY SOUL!

At least he wasn't trying to send them over to China... I've never heard of a Cattle Guard before, just like millions of others.

At least he wasn't trying to send them over to China... I've never heard of a Cattle Guard before, just like millions of others.

that just proves even though may family who thinks I am citified because I never lived on a farm doesn't ,mean I am as ignorant as they make me out to be about country life. I know I am more ignorant by far on how to live in a large city than live in a rural community or on a farm. I know not to try to play with the large equipment because I'd be called one eye or stumpy if I tried to. but I know what the equipment and structures are that are found on farms so if they tell me to turn left at the cattle guard right at the corn crib get the tool box from the combine and find out it the repairman has returned the bailer before I come back I know what to do and what to answear when I return.

You can't fix stupid, eh?

I have one..
Me: I love my chickens :D
Mom's boyfriend: why don't you love the rooster?
Me: I do, I just said I love all the chickens...
Mom's boyfriend: yes, so you only like the hens and not the rooster? That's sad
Me: dude they have hens and roosters but they are both chickens, like buck and die, but they are both deer...
Mom's boyfriend: no, only the hens are chickens, I grew up with chickens when I was little, I think I'd know the difference
Me: ok lol you're right.. I walked away face palming and shaking my head lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom