Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't eat eggs. My family and dogs eat the eggs. I just don't like the taste of eggs, never have. I get asked do the eggs really taste better than store bought. I tell them, I don't eat eggs. They say Why do you have chickens if you don't eat eggs?

lau.gif
Love it!!!

When talking to people about getting a small flock of chickens they said;

Them- "Don't you know chickens stink? Haven't you ever driven by an egg (or chicken) farm?"

Me- "Yeah, but those chickens are stacked on top of each other and in the thousands and don't get their coop tended to like I would."

Them- (Repeating)"But haven't you driven by a chicken farm? " & "Anyway, I don't care how much tending you do they still stink!"

I used to live 2 miles from an egg farm and if the wind shifted omg it was bad. I have 7 chickens in the backyard and wouldn't know they were there if I hadn't put them there lol

I had a co-worker whom said her kids wouldn't eat that or any other mac and cheese unless it was the velveta mac and cheese shell shaped pasta with the squeeze packet, I told her the kids where spoiled and there was something wrong with her parenting. she said I was mean. I guess I and many other people in this world are"mean".
I'm mean too.

we can be in that club together.
big_smile.png

maybe I'm old fashioned. My kids always got a choice for meals. Take it or leave it. It's amazing how often they decided mom's cooking wasn't so bad.
that is exactly the way it has always been in my house. I still will tell my teens, when you pay the mortgage then you can make the decisions.

That goes for everything....dinner included.
wink.png

When someone saw my chickens with a full crop they were like "omg is it ok to eat the eggs when the chicken has a tumor like that!?" I then spent the next thirty minutes explaining that it wasn't a tumor.....

My whole extended family also think my chickens are all vicious disease ridden animals and when my chickens come up to me and eat out of my hand they freak out and act like it is a lion about to attack me.

I used to live 2 miles from an egg farm and if the wind shifted omg it was bad. I have 7 chickens in the backyard and wouldn't know they were there if I hadn't put them there lol

There were several good sized egg farms not far from me where I lived in California. I drove by them frequently. With one notable exception, if you didn't look you would never even know they were there. I don't know what they did, but there was virtually no odor to be detected from the road, and the hen houses were situated quite close to the road. The exception made up for it. That place was putrid!!

we live in a dry environment so when the chicken drops a load it instantly becomes dry dirt/dust. no smell- when I lived in "Wet-stern" WA it was a diff. story. Pee-U!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom