Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Try adding some beef fat--not much fat in venison.

Lol
I heard a joke about a wealthy woman was forced to eat a meal at a greasy spoon when asked what the special was for the day the waitress said tongue sandwich and the wealthy lady said she wouldn't eat anything out of an animals mouth so the waitress asked if she wanted an egg sandwich.

Lol that's funny because my grandmother used to make a tongue terrine and we would say the same only it was not eat anything that's been up a cows nose (have you ever seen a cow wipe its nose with its tongue ick not eating that nowlol)
Puts it in a whole new perspective though now lol

Last edited:
I was talking to my dear Grandmother the other day, and telling her about my chickens. She asked me what kind of chickens I have.

"Oh, I have silkies, and a marans, I have Polish - "

"What do the Polish ones do, lay sausages?"

I DIED laughing.
clap.gif
She's a hot ticket!

Last edited:
When I gave my mother in law a green egg, that I was very very proud of!, she said 'what colour will my cakes be with a green egg?' And she really meant it!! Green yolked egg anyone?

I was talking to my dear Grandmother the other day, and telling her about my chickens. She asked me what kind of chickens I have.

I DIED laughing.
clap.gif
She's a hot ticket!

I like your grandma!

One stop shopping for breakfast.
wink.png

Last edited:
When I gave my mother in law a green egg, that I was very very proud of!, she said 'what colour will my cakes be with a green egg?' And she really meant it!! Green yolked egg anyone?
I like green eggs and ham sam i am....

I DIED laughing.
clap.gif
She's a hot ticket!

I would buy several dozen if that where true....

Not if you make the sausage yourself, like we do! You can even use cellulose casings, so no guts involved! No additives, just pork/beef/lamb (I use picnic pork shoulder), spices and occasionally some white wine. ;)

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.- Julia childs

An 11-year old pointed out the absurdity of my raising chickens for eggs....I am allergic to them.
tongue2.gif
But that's not necessarily why we raise them, and my family goes through at least 2 dozen eggs a week. So not a dumb comment, more of an intelligent comment.

This thread reminds me of when I worked as a veterinary technician and people would call and say their dog was acting aggressive so it must be time to get their "distemper" shot.
Some people's pets also had to be treated for "ear mice".
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom