Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend came over recently and wanted to pat a chicken. I picked one up for her and told her don't worry, it won't peck you. She replied, "Oh I know, only the pregnant ones peck people." I did not know what to say.
lau.gif
idunno.gif

my big city sister came to visit. "Why do you need to make sure the chickens are put up at night?" she asked. Country Chicken Rasin' Logic just aint plain common sense to the common woman.....

We have a apple orchard that we open up to the public for u-pick apples. We put up bubble gum machines with grain in them for the customers to feed the chickens and the other animals we have on the farm. I was called over to the chickens by a customer. The man asked me "Why do we have so many roosters?" I told him that they were all hens. He quickly educated me by telling me, "Only roosters have the red things on their heads and under their chins." I couldn't help but laugh at him. I then had to tell him to trust me. They are all hens and all chickens have the "red things" in different shapes and sizes.
idunno.gif

As late as the 40's and early 50's chickens were sold in the market with heads and feet still on. That is so you could tell it was a young chicken and not an old one. They weren't gutted either. Chickens were often sold with feathers removed, period.

We have missed out on so much being in this modern world. Now we have battery raised food, GMO altered produce, environmental toxins right and left, and lack of decent healthcare to combat it all. That just leaves some of us to raise our food at home, as cleanly as possible.
I was raised in the city, so not much chance of being exposed to country life.

my big city sister came to visit. "Why do you need to make sure the chickens are put up at night?" she asked. Country Chicken Rasin' Logic just aint plain common sense to the common woman.....
If you've never kept pets outside though you wouldn't think about predators. People look at wildlife and think "aww what a cute fox" or even "aww what a cute stray cat/dog" but when we see them we think "sneaky predator who wants to nibble on my chickens..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom