Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating.  I used to show dairy goats.  I was at one big fair and one day I had had it to HERE with all the idiotic questions.  I took a break and went to the horicultural building to see the flowers.  I was admiring some gorgeous  blooms and I said to the person with me, "My, what beautiful mums!!". Then I heard an icy voice behind me say, "THOSE are dahlias" That encounter taught me something.  Nobody, not even me, knows everything.  Ever since then I have been more patient with people and their questions and comments.  But that doesn't mean I can't laugh later and wonder how on earth they came up with that.

I get that, I know I don't know everything, and I never will, but I knew that a hen was female and laid eggs and a rooster was male and did NOT lay eggs even before I had chickens. I have to wonder what sort of toys these people had as children. I always had the baby animal books and plastic Noah's ark so from a young age I have known more about animals than apparently some adults judging from the questions I got at farm fair last year.

I don't know if this counts as "dumb things people have said", but I'm shocked about how many people are scared or nervous around chickens. They ask me if they are dangerous or attack people. I think they are confused about chickens being roosters. My hens are so gentle and play with the kids in the yard. They aren't scary.
tongue.png

I don't know if this counts as "dumb things people have said", but I'm shocked about how many people are scared or nervous around chickens. They ask me if they are dangerous or attack people. I think they are confused about chickens being roosters. My hens are so gentle and play with the kids in the yard. They aren't scary.
tongue.png
From the stories I've read, some people with broodies might disagree
tongue.png

To the original poster on people only eating store bought eggs: @EricaD , That would be my sister! lol, I live in rural Central Oregon, she lives 300 miles away in the city of Portlandia. Can't wait till shes sees me eat a blue americauna egg
lau.gif

Last edited:
To the original poster on people only eating store bought eggs: @EricaD , That would be my sister! lol, I live in rural Central Oregon, she lives 300 miles away in the city of Portlandia. Can't wait till shes sees me eat a blue americauna egg
lau.gif

Hard boil one and peal it in front of her at the next family gathering!

I don't know if this counts as "dumb things people have said", but I'm shocked about how many people are scared or nervous around chickens. They ask me if they are dangerous or attack people. I think they are confused about chickens being roosters. My hens are so gentle and play with the kids in the yard. They aren't scary. :p

Mine chased off someone who supposedly was selling magazine subscriptions. I think they were casing properties to come rob later. As soon as the birds saw me they ran over to beg for treats. The person didn't see them until then. Then they were "I have to go" and ran down the drive away from the scary chickens.

Mine chased off someone who supposedly was selling magazine subscriptions. I think they were casing properties to come rob later. As soon as the birds saw me they ran over to beg for treats. The person didn't see them until then. Then they were "I have to go" and ran down the drive away from the scary chickens.

Hahaha! Priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom