Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two Cornish Xs were named Hans and Mother Gothel (I happened to get a boy and a girl). My daughters named them after Disney villains. They loved them, but knew what was going to happen. Both got hugs and kisses and pets before they were slaughtered. I like to think they they only had one bad moment with us.

In Finland. potato starch is usually used instead of cornstarch. That might work too. Don't know if you can get that in the States though.

ron, you are a fountain of baking wisdom. I get around in the kitchen, but baking is not my forte.
I love to bake!

When I got married, my Mom lost 10 pounds and my wife gained 10 pounds.

I've always said if I were to design a house, I'd put drains in the kitchen and bathroom floors plus a faucet for a hose. Imagine how handy they would be when washing floors! What a snap!!
My perfect kitchen would be designed like a milking parlor. stainless steel everything, with a big pressure hose, hot water and a drain in the floor. Just hose off the table, dishes, kids, counters, pots and pans after the meal. Do the dog at the same time, if you have one.

One of my "tricks" to get iffy dogs used to me or help them relax was to read to them. That meant textbooks, journals, etc. While interesting to read to myself, they were boring to read out loud.
Then I had to deal with a Saint Bernard at his handler's house. Very few books there and those were poorly written junk. I had to stop. I tried a few children's books, that was better. Then I started reading cookbooks to the dogs. When reading cookbooks you can make comments, read with feeling, pause for a bit between recipes to discuss similar dishes- so much better than texts or bad fiction. Now my kindle has a stash of cookbooks just to read to pets. I almost pulled it out to read to the Ladies yesterday.
When I got my first flock last spring, my then 6 y.o. would often be seen sitting out in a chair beside their run, reading a book to them. The girls would line up at the fence, and pay rapt attention to her.

I love to bake!

When I got married, my Mom lost 10 pounds and my wife gained 10 pounds.
Magic transferrence of poundage. Did you know that if you cut any delectable morsel in half, it allows the calories to leak out through the cut. You can then eat half of that morsel, and since you expended some energy cutting it in half, you can then eat the other half of the morsel resulting in a calorie deficit which = instant weight loss. And, did you know what a calorie REALLY is? It's a little unit of measure that tells how good a food tastes. More calories = better taste.

Just before I culled out my extra roosters I was talking to a friend that said " with that many roosters you must be getting a lot of eggs from your hens!" Insinuating that breeding was the determining factor in egg production! Lol! Oh well....

Magic transferrence of poundage. Did you know that if you cut any delectable morsel in half, it allows the calories to leak out through the cut. You can then eat half of that morsel, and since you expended some energy cutting it in half, you can then eat the other half of the morsel resulting in a calorie deficit which = instant weight loss. And, did you know what a calorie REALLY is? It's a little unit of measure that tells how good a food tastes. More calories = better taste.
I love it! It goes along with chicken math, and I am quite good at chicken math....

The other day my brothers wives sister came over to the house and as I was walking in the house she seen me caring one of my chickens in. So she walks up to me and says " Oh what a lovely duck you have there" then she puts her face next to it and goes "quack quack quack" My Roo looks at her and pecks her nose she falls backwards on her rump holding her nose and says " What a rude duck you have there" I say "Lady its a chicken not a duck" My brother falls out of his chair laughing and she walks away saying " Chicken Duck whats the difference" I dont think ive laughed that hard ever. Here is a pic of my Roo that pecked her, his name is Brave.

The other day my brothers wives sister came over to the house and as I was walking in the house she seen me caring one of my chickens in. So she walks up to me and says " Oh what a lovely duck you have there" then she puts her face next to it and goes "quack quack quack" My Roo looks at her and pecks her nose she falls backwards on her rump holding her nose and says " What a rude duck you have there" I say "Lady its a chicken not a duck" My brother falls out of his chair laughing and she walks away saying " Chicken Duck whats the difference" I dont think ive laughed that hard ever. Here is a pic of my Roo that pecked her, his name is Brave.
lau.gif
I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom