Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the first eggs would change the proportions in the recipe.
We always gave the first pancake, waffle, etc to the dog. It was for testing the temperature of the griddle more than anything else but reasons why tend to get forgotten. I could see a tradition like that easily becoming a superstition.…

Out in the northwest the story was about cutting the top off of a turkey and the oven being too small.

Yes, egg shells are somewhat porous. This is why air gradually gets into them, making it better to wait until they're 1-2 weeks old before hard boiling so they're peel easier. It's also why they float in water when they're old.

Tell her it would save her time and trouble if she just ran them through the dishwasher. Top rack would work best.
caf.gif
yuckyuck.gif

My mother in law asked me about chickens yesterday.  She asked if they were laying yet.  I told her no, but soon.  She asked if I was going to throw the first several eggs away?  :eek:   I probably gave her a rude look and said, "NO!! Why would I do that?!!"  I've been waiting so long on these eggs that question just took me by surprise and brought out a strong reaction  lol.  Her reasoning was to not eat them until the chicken gets all the kinks worked out.  Is this some old wives tale?  Something people used to do back in the day?  The first time I find an egg I will probably run screaming into the house, call the family together, scramble the egg and divide it into 4 tiny bites and demand they all have their bite right away. 

Throw them away...:idunno

that's what we did with our first egg lol. It was a very small egg too lol. Everyone got 1 bite :)

Yes, egg shells are somewhat porous. This is why air gradually gets into them, making it better to wait until they're 1-2 weeks old before hard boiling so they're peel easier. It's also why they float in water when they're old.

Tell her it would save her time and trouble if she just ran them through the dishwasher. Top rack would work best.
caf.gif
LOL!!! Might make an interesting way to make hard boiled eggs!
lau.gif

Ruminants is probably the intended word. It's no less offensive to suggest that a vegetarian lifestyle is more advanced, however.

Ruminants is probably the intended word. It's no less offensive to suggest that a vegetarian lifestyle is more advanced, however.
What I took from jc12551's post is that she works for a school that happens to be a vegetarian organization (unsurprising, as she's adventist). That doesn't necessarily mean that she believes that vegetarians are advanced. I would hope that the goal of all schools is to advance the education of its students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom