Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a conversation I have with my son....he wants s proper
eggs from shop cause they clean...
lets see my girls lay In clean shavings im usually there as they lay so theyrd
collcted fresh from the ...ermmm. coop.and no poop...lol

Right. I'll drink a lot of beer while I'm doing it. (I just need to remember my knife-resistant gloves so I don't cut off my hand.)
I suppose I'll have to remember his logic if I ever have to help someone hide a body. As long as I don't think about what I'm doing I'm morally fine.

I work with a young lady that does not know how to cook using a recipe.......

So someone says........ Then you don't know how to cook.

She says...... Yes I do. Just take what ever it is out of the box and put it in the microwave. Push the right buttons and dinner is served!

She has THREE children. *sigh*

:-( there's something wrong with the world today almost all the way to the core.

At work today I mentioned that the rooster that flogged me last night was going to freezer camp this Saturday. One of the ladies at the table (eating fried chicken) said, "you are going to butcher him and then eat him????? Poor rooster! "

I said, "the chicken you are eating used to be alive and someone killed him so you could eat him".

Well! That's different. This chicken was raised to be killed and eaten.

I rest my case........

Did you mean ruminants?

"Ruminants are characterized by their 'four' stomachs and 'cud-chewing' behavior." 

Rudiment means "a basic principle or element or a fundamental skill".

At least you are capable of getting my little play on words joke!

Saying "we are teaching them to be advanced" by being in a vegetarian institute suggests that being vegetarian is more advanced. Especially in the context of the post being responded to.

I'm not going to rule out any other possibilities until she has a chance to respond, though.

The post in which I responded to was rude to start with. By implying that there was something wrong with vegetarianism (comparing us to cows). I knew what word the poster was wanting to use but couldn't pass up the chance to have a bit of word fun. Which most of you obviously didn't get. I was never implying that vegetarianism was "superior," only that "superior" was the opposite of rudiment.

What I took from jc12551's post is that she works for a school that happens to be a vegetarian organization (unsurprising, as she's adventist).  That doesn't necessarily mean that she believes that vegetarians are advanced.  I would hope that the goal of all schools is to advance the education of its students.

Yes, thank you. You would be surprised to find out that vegetarianism seems to be waning amongst Adventist (including my family). My goal is to advance my students in the context of education.

Ruminants is probably the intended word. It's no less offensive to suggest that a vegetarian lifestyle is more advanced, however.
See my explanation above.

Last edited:
At work today I mentioned that the rooster that flogged me last night was going to freezer camp this Saturday. One of the ladies at the table (eating fried chicken) said, "you are going to butcher him and then eat him????? Poor rooster! "

I said, "the chicken you are eating used to be alive and someone killed him so you could eat him".

I rest my case........
I don't even know what to say.....

:lau

Our neighbors where we used to live had an obnoxious Beagle named "Coach." I don't know where they found him, but he was a snappy, hostile dog. After he bit the baby, instead of being sensible and disposing of him, they kept him chained up in the backyard for about 22-23 hours.

One night we were holding a party and Coach did what lonely, frustrated Beagles do - he bayed, howled, and wailed very, very loudly. One of our guests asked us what was making that noise. We told him it was a Beagle.

He demanded to know what the neighbors were doing to it! He thought the baying and howling were cries of an animal being beaten, instead of merely being neglected by owners who shouldn't have kept him.

Yes the itty bitties are outside now getting so big so fast!

Then I got 5 baby chicks now in the brooder box. 1 has a messed up hock, but these are ayam cemani x orpington chicks, so the potential for gray/black chicken meat is there. Which might freak most ppl out.

I usually separate my egg whites and yolks and freeze them to use later. I make a lot of stuff that requires yolks or whites or separated eggs, so it's very handy for my baking obsession, and I make Italian torrone with egg whites too.
I tried not using creme of tartar in my angel food cake last time, and it was lacking the angel food cake texture.
today's picture of the itty bitty peep peeps.

I rest my case........
That's why I haven't named my birds. Odds are I'll end up eating them unless I know somebody else around here that would like a hen or two to get a flock going. They're going to be spoiled little brats. They've eaten lots of yummy treats like assorted bugs, horseflys, worms, grass, weeds, kitchen scraps, and of course mealworms. They've figured out what that red bag that says Happy Hen Treats is all about. If I ever do raise my own mealworms, I'm going to have to keep a bag just so they know to come running when I let them out to free range a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom