Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about how A&W is marketing how their chickens are vegetarians. I'm pretty sure most chickens are vegetarians (except for the occasional grasshopper)

Chickens may eat a primarilyy vegetarian diet, but they are not vegetarians by any means. The "occasional grasshopper" is true if they only occasionally see a grasshopper.

How about how A&W is marketing how their chickens are vegetarians. I'm pretty sure most chickens are vegetarians (except for the occasional grasshopper)

Mine will catch rodents and eat them. They won't kill the thieving starlings but will eat them after the dog kills them. They will also happily steal food out of the German shepherd's mouth if I give her a chunk of raw meat.

My cat caught a mouse last weekend. Unfortunately, it was in the house. (EEEWW!!!) I caught the mouse, and took mouse and cat outside to play. Cat was not very diligent in dispatching the mouse, so, at hubby's urging, i tossed the mouse over the fence into the chicken run... they looked at it for about 2 seconds before one of them grabbed the mouse, then all **!! broke loose. Looked like a roller derby. Hubby says chickens turn mice, bugs, left overs, grass... into eggs. He's really not interested in chickens, but is working on building me a beautiful coop.

It is also highly illegal - "wanton waste of game" is a serious violation of hunting regs in any state I can think of. Unethical hunters sure make it hard on the rest of us. I've been hunting since I was a little girl, and since I'm now in my mid 60s that's a lot of seasons out in the field.
Some states have strong wanton waste laws and some states have weak laws. I could not find any wanton waste laws in New York and North Carolina for any large animal like deer.

Early 50's. I'd heard of someone who sold a hen with chicks to a customer and the customer called her a week or two later, saying the chicks were dying because the hen apparently ran out of milk, what should she do. I was skeptical about the story until my SIL pretty much confirmed that people really are that clueless. I told her that no, chickens are not mammals, and showed her the chick starter, but now, come to think of it, I'm not sure she knows what a mammal is. :/ As we in the South say, well, bless her heart!

Not that dumb, some species of avians feed their offspring crop milk. The hormone prolactin is involved just as in humans. ;)

Not the same thing as "bird's milk candy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom