Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised they gave printed instructions on how to use the door stop, I'm only surprised they didn't give the instructions in at least 3 languages.

It's for the browser who says, "I wonder what that hing is?" Then when he picks it up and looks at the back he can say, "Wow, I can use one of those!"

They need to put all these instructions on things so that stupid people don't injure themselves and then send they're lawyers after the manufacturer. I mean you've all seen the sticker for the top 2 rungs of the ladder, "This is not a step". Easy fix though, if it's not a step don't make it look like a step. Someone used it, lost their balance and fell, hurt themselves and sued. If I were stupid enough to fall from the top rung of a ladder, I would be too embarrassed to call attention to the matter with a law suit. In fact, I have been that stupid before, I didn't sue. Oh and another sticker; the 5 gallon buckets with a child legs dangling out.

Mossyroo thank you. My son found it for me. Yeah I am close to summerville I was there today. As for the door stop instructions that is so someone knows it stops doors not cooks your dinner lol jk

Well, I'm not going to read 993 pages, just the first page was enough. Wow. I guess people now are just conditioned to think edible food only comes from the grocery store. A bunch of ignorance out there. Reminds me of people thinking Buffalo wings come from buffalo! :lol:

Only thing I can add to this thread is the one who wouldn't eat farm fresh eggs because the yolk was too dark! Umm, yeah...that means it is better than the pale yolk from store bought eggs. Geesh.

Well, I'm not going to read 993 pages, just the first page was enough. Wow. I guess people now are just conditioned to think edible food only comes from the grocery store. A bunch of ignorance out there. Reminds me of people thinking Buffalo wings come from buffalo!
lol.png

Only thing I can add to this thread is the one who wouldn't eat farm fresh eggs because the yolk was too dark! Umm, yeah...that means it is better than the pale yolk from store bought eggs. Geesh.
I highly recommend going back through and read all of the thread. You don't have to read it all at once, just keep a little note somewhere where you left off on it, and just work our way through it in a week or two. I did that this spring and I found it to be very educational. I work as a massage therapist and a few of my regulars know that I have chickens. I found that its a pretty good idea to have a good answer right in my back pocket to use right away when somebody is on the table.

Also, if you look hard enough there's our double secret handshake buried in one of the posts in there, so you have to read it now to get that.
wink.png

I highly recommend going back through and read all of the thread.  You don't have to read it all at once, just keep a little note somewhere where you left off on it, and just work our way through it in a week or two.  I did that this spring and I found it to be very educational.  I work as a massage therapist and a few of my regulars know that I have chickens.  I found that its a pretty good idea to have a good answer right in my back pocket to use right away when somebody is on the table.  

Also, if you look hard enough there's our double secret handshake buried in one of the posts in there, so you have to read it now to get that.  ;)

Disagree. I recently finished reading from the beginning and the more I read, the more frustrated I became. It seemed that everyone was more willing to perpetuate ignorance rather than plainly answer questions.

Last spring I was the person who wouldn't eat farm eggs because they weren't inspected, regulated, or pasteurized. I still get a little queasy if I think about it too much, even with eggs from my own backyard. But I'm trained in food service, so I was parroting what I was already taught, and that is apparently enough to label me as a "citiot."

I've learned from this thread exactly how NOT to handle questions from my friends. A fellow young mom held my SS pullet and was surprised she was soft and didn't have fur. My BFF is still convinced that a fresh warm egg on my cheek is disgusting. My mom is absolutely certain my kids are going to catch fowl pox, salmonella, or E. coli from just breathing the same air. I do the best I can to explain with evidence, experience, and sometimes charts.

Until mid-August of this year I had never held a chicken. Now I have 15.

This thread is mostly for people to talk about vaccines, healthcare, politics, or the government, and to pat themselves on the back for being enlightened enough to learn and maintain self-sufficiency in spite of what the masses think or believe.

I've contributed a few times, but it's becoming an increasingly tiresome chore to keep up and wait for something amusing, and not mean spirited, to come along.

Disagree. I recently finished reading from the beginning and the more I read, the more frustrated I became. It seemed that everyone was more willing to perpetuate ignorance rather than plainly answer questions.

Last spring I was the person who wouldn't eat farm eggs because they weren't inspected, regulated, or pasteurized. I still get a little queasy if I think about it too much, even with eggs from my own backyard. But I'm trained in food service, so I was parroting what I was already taught, and that is apparently enough to label me as a "citiot."

I've learned from this thread exactly how NOT to handle questions from my friends. A fellow young mom held my SS pullet and was surprised she was soft and didn't have fur. My BFF is still convinced that a fresh warm egg on my cheek is disgusting. My mom is absolutely certain my kids are going to catch fowl pox, salmonella, or E. coli from just breathing the same air. I do the best I can to explain with evidence, experience, and sometimes charts.

Until mid-August of this year I had never held a chicken. Now I have 15.

This thread is mostly for people to talk about vaccines, healthcare, politics, or the government, and to pat themselves on the back for being enlightened enough to learn and maintain self-sufficiency in spite of what the masses think or believe.

I've contributed a few times, but it's becoming an increasingly tiresome chore to keep up and wait for something amusing, and not mean spirited, to come along.
Camping, you are correct for the most part. You should of figured out by now that most threads in this forum are for visiting with like minded people. They are not trying to solve a problem. So enjoy it for what it is. God Bless and have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom