Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it's not really dumb, just uninformed, but most people think you have to own large amounts of land to have chickens.

I wonder if it's due to this...chickens = farm and farm = lots of land?

I have had the exact conversation with someone at work. Same reaction, for some reason they believe the eggs in a carton to be so removed from the chicken.
Well, you can't fix stupid.

glad that's not really the case. I have 28 chickens so far on my 1.3 acres. HUGE garden, and plans for turkeys this spring and a cow or goat for milk in the future lol. Mini farm right here lol

We're the same. We have 16 chickens, 4 breeding meat rabbits with 13 youngun's, 2 goats (we've had as many as 6). We have 1 big garden, 6 raised beds, citrus trees and 1 humongous garden. All on 2 acres.

Yep, we're a mini farm too!

We're the same. We have 16 chickens, 4 breeding meat rabbits with 13 youngun's, 2 goats (we've had as many as 6). We have 1 big garden, 6 raised beds, citrus trees and 1 humongous garden. All on 2 acres.

Yep, we're a mini farm too!

yep! Forgot to mention hubby wants to add meat rabbits, and we're putting in a semi-dwarf orchard next year. Apples, pears, peaches, cherries, and plums :)

yep! Forgot to mention hubby wants to add meat rabbits, and we're putting in a semi-dwarf orchard next year. Apples, pears, peaches, cherries, and plums
smile.png

And we're hoping to do a few meat birds and a couple turkeys next year. I would also love to have a couple of geese.

LOL, funny how things escalate!

And we're hoping to do a few meat birds and a couple turkeys next year. I would also love to have a couple of geese.

LOL, funny how things escalate!

Before you contaminate your couple acres with geese, I suggest you read my primer I wrote on geese. I am very experienced with them. The first post on the thread says it all.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/910197/why

Before you contaminate your couple acres with geese, I suggest you read my primer I wrote on geese. I am very experienced with them. The first post on the thread says it all.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/910197/why

Thanks for the link, your post was fun (well, fun to read...probably not so fun to live through)! Do you still have geese rampaging about your yard or are they in freezer camp now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom