Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Some people!
roll.png

well at least they were trying to help...
when my younger brothers and sisters were in school they ended up with free school lunches because the school didn't like the lunches my mom packed for them... instead of sandwiches she'd put in granola, peanutbutter sticks (anyone remember the "space food sticks"? her home-made version of that), fruit, cut raw vegies, and sometimes a slice of hard whole-wheat bread.

... the school folks thought it was weird and unhealthy...
th.gif
so, free school lunches all around.

And now with all the information about cold packs not keeping prepared sandwiches and drinks cold enough to fend off bacteria, your Mom was way ahead of the wavecrest!

Last edited:
Today I picked up a box of Childcraft encyclopedias from someone's discard pile, was going to take them to our public library to donate to their sale shelves. But on our way home I stopped by someone else's yard sale and my son found a bag of Legos that he wanted. I traded the seller the box of found books for the Legos. Everyone was happy with that deal!

Guess what!!!

My daughter and her boyfriend walked in the door last night with my Christmas present.

A

brand

new

in

box

KITCHENAID MIXER!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

They spent way too much money on me, but, if you have been reading through this post, you know i've been looking for a good used one for years. I have even asked a multitude of people to buy it if they seen one at a yard sale/thrift store/auction, and I would pay it back. I even asked you guys.
hide.gif

I was floored!!!!! I've been looking for so long that I figured it was one of those things that just weren't meant to be. I can't wait to use it, plan to tonight!!!!

This thread is great, I love reading about all the great finds! I just received a kitchen aid mixer for my b-day this year and love it, our best find so far has to be and old wooden recurve bow at salvation army, picked it up for $10 and sold it for $150 on craigslist. I guess it was very old, and rare left handed, SCORE!

But my favorite thing lately has to furniture I can fix up or re-purpose, I love looking for furniture.

Back
Top Bottom