Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
Thank you JeanR for your attention. Here is a cute picture. From the left it is definite cockeral, possible hen, quail D'anver, and possible roo. Btw in the middle pic in my last post the possible roo is furthest back.

Not an easy guess. Takes a Geneticist to predict. It helps to know what the variety the parent of each bird is. Even the Lavender may have Black in the background. The pullet is a nonapproved variety. I had a Blue Mille FleurXBlue Mille Fleur (Splash Blue Mill Fleur) pullet that looked like her as a young pullet. Lovely pattern, and the Buff background, if from Holland, is unlike the Buff of Buff Columbian, so difficult to have a true genetic code for her. So, it will be an interesting chick, that may change its looks as it grows. Fun to keep pictures from hatch to mature plumage. A treasure, no matter what color--Hope IT HATCHES. GOOD LUCK
Didn't think it would be haha, was worth a shot! I don't know the background for my parent birds especially the buff hen, but i'm pretty sure my lavenders are pure lavenders for a few generations at least. It may just come out lavender but hey ho we shall see! She's still sitting tight so fingers crossed she'll stay sat, unfortunately she managed to kick one and let it go cold, i cracked it open and it was most definitely fertile so let's hope they hatch!

Does/is anybody a breeder in Ohio. Even in the western part of Pennsylvania, as I live near Youngstown. I'm looking for show birds preferably in Gold or Blue.

I purchased 30 Mille Fleur Dutch Bantams chicks this spring from a hatchery. Currently have 23 left. Are not fully mature, so cannot tell how they are going to finish out. I don't think that this color is an approved variety at this time. They seem to have various degrees of coloring, but all have some white spots. Do not know if the hatchery got eggs from a breeder or if these are mixed with the OEG birds. They have the nice slate blue legs and are very small. I guess it's wait and see.

**UPDATE** A wee while ago i asked if any body knew what colour chicks my dutch would produce (photo of mum and dad below) Well my chick hatched yesterday and i'm not sure what colour it is, anyone know? Not the best of photos sorry

Mum and Dad The product?
The photo of the chick was taken on hatch day now that its fully dried it's more red like the colour of it's head in the picture above? Anybody recognize this colour?

Cheers

Would love to see pictures of Hatchery Mille Fleur Dutch Bantams! Do not know who, of the few breeders of them, would sell eggs to a hatchery?? Or did the Hatchery make them from OEGB in Mille Fleur--not the same MF. They are still in the development process and there are not enough breeders exhibiting them forThe Dutch Bantam Society to apply for approval of the variety by ABA/APA. The Standard is not the same as the Mille Fleur in Belgian bantam breeds or other poultry breeds, so without breeders using the Standard for selection of the best birds, there will be no way for judges to see enough of them at even one Show to be able to judge them as DUTCH. Love them, a flock is beautiful on green grass, temperament is mainly very friendly. I have been raising both Mille Fleur and Cream Mille Fleur Dutch from 2000 imports from Jan Voets, Holland, originator of MF and CMF Dutch. Takes time and affection~

Can you post pictures of your birds--how old now??

Here is a 2 year old hen with her 6 young ones--none are her own, but from several selected breeding pens. Am keeping the MF cockerel near the left, a grandson of the last import, 2006. Need the bloodlines...

Hello!

I'm looking for any critiques on these Dutch females of mine. None of them are posing perfectly in the photos (chickens are so hard to photograph!), but I would be grateful for any comments on them.

First off, a 7 month old LB Dutch pullet. Though you may not be able to tell from the photo, she has a five point comb and seven feathers on each side of her tail.

Next, a 1 1/2 year old LB Dutch hen. The second photo is of the same hen, but as an 10 month old pullet. She has a four-point comb and seven feathers on each side of her tail--actually looks pretty good when she shows herself.

I have another Dutch pullet that I'd like comments on, too, but I don't have any good photos of her yet. Planning on getting some of her tonight/tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Okay, here are some more photos.:

(Ignore the hand and the Wyandotte in the background- he was there to make this pullet flare and show herself better)

This is a 6 month old Dutch pullet. Her mother is the sister of the hen in the previous post. She has a small, five point comb and seven feathers on each side of her tail. Her breast looks a little larger than normal in this photo due to a full evening crop.

Above is the sister of the hen in my first post. She has a five point comb, but only five tail feathers on each side at this point. She had 7/side as a pullet, but didn't end up having as many once she completed her first molt.

And lastly, a photo of my 3 1/2 year old cock who is the father of all of the pictured birds, except the 7 month old pullet in the first post. He is just finishing up a molt, which explains the kind of poor tail right now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom