E-Bay Eggs On The Way!

I went to Dollar Tree + picked up wire drawer dividers. Since I didn't measure I picked up 2 each of the 3 sizes. Only the small square one fit. I put the 9 Ameraucana eggs in it and tied the other one on top of it. But the lid no longer fits tight. I added water and The humidity was 47%. So then taped all around the lid and the humidity is 67%. I removed 3 eggs after candling. I opened them up - no development. I'm glad I made the right choice. I always worry about destroying a living chick. In Lockdown are 8OEs, 7 Marans + 9 Amer. There are 2 more questionable ones. Now to wait.

Please let us know how the wire drawer dividers from Dollar Tree end up working for you. I just hope you can keep the humidity where it needs to be if you can't get the bator to close all the way now.

Sigh.

All 8 of my eggs were dead and rotting. There weren't even any chicks in them, though I had seen veins during the day 8 candling. Oh well, its been a lot of fun being a part of the Ebay hatch-a-long and I certainly will follow along on all your guys progress.

Best of luck all!
thumbsup.gif

Sigh.

All 8 of my eggs were dead and rotting. There weren't even any chicks in them, though I had seen veins during the day 8 candling. Oh well, its been a lot of fun being a part of the Ebay hatch-a-long and I certainly will follow along on all your guys progress.

Best of luck all! :thumbsup

:( Sorry you didn't get any chicks to hatch, hopefully we'll soon hear how Joyryder's hatch is going.

Last edited:
Sigh.

Best of luck all!
thumbsup.gif
I'm sorry.

Well I', just waiting
caf.gif
humidity is staying between 61 and 67%. All is quiet Day 21 doesn't start until Friday 7pm. Of course this is going to be an extremely busy weekend. We're having Halloween in August here at the campground and my daughter and her fiance are visiting. Coming around 7pm on Friday. And I have to move the 4 week olds to the coop.

Hi.
I am glad that people are having great lick with hatching ebay bought eggs.
In m case i never had good luck with ebay bought eggs as they have detached air sacs.
Currently i bought 24 eggs off ebay.
7 have bad air sac shape but the embroys are alive and moving.
2 have blood ring but yhe embroys are still alive
4 early death
5 infertile
6 are fine with good air sach attached
They are all serama eggs

Back
Top Bottom