E-Bay Eggs On The Way!

HI everyone! I'm new! I have a lot of Ebay eggs in my incubator right now: French Copper Marans, an Easter colored mix(many different breeders in blues, greens, and brown), and a lot of Cortunix Quail eggs! I also have some farm stand chicken eggs that I started with!

I've had a heck of a time keeping one of my incubators at the right temp recently. It keeps spiking to 101 or 103. Thankfully, I check on the temp often and it couldn't have been too high for more than 45min. But I still worry! My farm stand eggs are the oldest at 12 days and have a lot of moving chicken embryos inside! 39 of the 50 Cortunix Quail have nice veins forming and they are at day 6!

Anyone else still getting eggs from Ebay?!

I just order 12 more eggs, They're Ice Cream Bars. A cross between an Isbar roo (pronounced ice bar) and Cream Legbars. I have reading up on Isbars, they were created by a monk in Sweden in the 60's. They are basically an auto sexed, cold-hardy, prolific green egg layer. He died before finishing his project. The line is extremely rare. GFF imported some almost 10 years ago, but they were inbred too much. I think GFF are imported more and crossing them (possibly with Marans) to strengthen their genetics. They have become a project bird of quite a few breeders to revitalize the breed. The Cream Legbar was used in creating the Isbars. I learned a lot from the last hatch. Hopefully this hatch will be better.

HI everyone! I'm new! I have a lot of Ebay eggs in my incubator right now: French Copper Marans, an Easter colored mix(many different breeders in blues, greens, and brown), and a lot of Cortunix Quail eggs! I also have some farm stand chicken eggs that I started with!

I've had a heck of a time keeping one of my incubators at the right temp recently. It keeps spiking to 101 or 103. Thankfully, I check on the temp often and it couldn't have been too high for more than 45min. But I still worry! My farm stand eggs are the oldest at 12 days and have a lot of moving chicken embryos inside! 39 of the 50 Cortunix Quail have nice veins forming and they are at day 6!

Welcome!! I love having different colored eggs. Good Luck!
yippiechickie.gif

Hello my name is caleb and I can't buy t right now bc my mom was just diagnosed with cancer but I would love for someone to donate me a few eggs so I could share the experience with you guys thanks a lot

I just order 12 more eggs, They're Ice Cream Bars. A cross between an Isbar roo (pronounced ice bar) and Cream Legbars. I have reading up on Isbars, they were created by a monk in Sweden in the 60's. They are basically an auto sexed, cold-hardy, prolific green egg layer. He died before finishing his project. The line is extremely rare. GFF imported some almost 10 years ago, but they were inbred too much. I think GFF are imported more and crossing them (possibly with Marans) to strengthen their genetics. They have become a project bird of quite a few breeders to revitalize the breed. The Cream Legbar was used in creating the Isbars. I learned a lot from the last hatch. Hopefully this hatch will be better.

I love the name Ice Cream Bar!
gig.gif

Hello my name is caleb and I can't buy t right now bc my mom was just diagnosed with cancer but I would love for someone to donate me a few eggs so I could share the experience with you guys thanks a lot

I would gladly send you some eggs for free, but I don't think they would do well if shipping is long. What state do you come from?

I'm really sorry to hear about your mother, I really hope she makes a full recovery. My grandma has cancer right now and its really hard.

God bless!

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your incubating trip with us, good luck on you hatch and please post lots of pictures.

I just order 12 more eggs, They're Ice Cream Bars.  A cross between an Isbar roo (pronounced ice bar) and Cream Legbars.  I have reading up on Isbars, they were created by a monk in Sweden in the 60's.  They are basically an auto sexed, cold-hardy, prolific green egg layer.  He died before finishing his project.  The line is extremely rare.  GFF imported some almost 10 years ago, but they were inbred too much.  I think GFF are imported more and crossing them (possibly with Marans) to strengthen their genetics.  They have become a project bird of quite a few breeders to revitalize the breed.  The Cream Legbar was used in creating the Isbars.  I learned a lot from the last hatch.  Hopefully this hatch will be better.

Can't wait to see the photos of the chicks. Will do a google search to see if there are some online photos of the adult breed, sure an interesting sounding breed. Unfortunately, here in California i look for birds that can withstand the extreme heat and not so much cold hardy birds.

Back
Top Bottom