East Tennessee?

I just moved to Knoxville from SC. Already meet RedRidge. Had to sell all my wonderful birds to move here. But on my way to starting a new and better and bigger flock. HAHAHA. Found a place in Maynardville. I like small and quite.
tongue.png

Hi and thanks for replying. This is Union County close to Norris Lake up by the ferry crossing. We are in a small development community and although our 'restrictions' state no chickens or pigs, when I asked the lawyer that handled the sale we were told not to worry about that if we have them penned, she said that was only to apply to a big operation. That was one of the selling points for us for I have dreamed of having a few chickens when I retire there. But when our retired neighbor next door was told to get rid of his, that is when I started questioning this. I will fight for my chicks! lol This is a rural area and I have my suspicion that the person who is causing the trouble is one that is only a seasonal owner. Geesh! Everyone's dogs barking at all times of night are more of a bother in my opinion. I have seen chickens less than a mile down the road and they run loose, but at the same time they are not a part of our development. I just need to know where to go to find out or get this restriction lifted, and I am not going to get any help from the old timers because they do not want to get involved. I was told the laws were pretty leinient. I just hope I do not have to go through a lawyer to get this worked out. I am gonna have my chicks, lol. (can you tell I am just a wee bit feisty? lol0

Hi gang, been reading a pile of books and getting ready to get started with our own little flock.

Last weekend we went over to a live stock auction in Jonesborough to maybe get some chicks but none to be found. We would like to avoid mailing chicks if possible and would be willing to drive a few hours to get them. Any suggestions for a place within a few hours with a bit of a variety of breeds we could go buy some chicks?

Also the eastern TN thread I found is closed is there a new one?

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yup, almost every neighborhood has a 'meanie' in it.  We have 4 more years till retirement to our little spot of heaven and then I will put in a little coop and fenced run.  Hubby is more nervous about the 'neighbors' than I am.  I want my own eggs and the occasional stew bird. My other neighbors love it when we go down to Tenny because I almost always bring some fresh baked goodies to share!
Hello Cassiesue I am also in Union county,but on the south end. New to the site and new to chickens. But I do work for the Co-Op and if you are a member of the farm bureau you can get 10% off your chicken feed. Just check out their website for details. Hello East Tennessee.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom