Easter Egger club!

Beautiful!
love.gif

Does my new chicken look like she may have EE in her? She looks mostly Brahma, but then I noticed her color has been very close to all your red and white EE's. I could try and get better pics. She was 12 weeks in these pics. Now she's 16 weeks.

Does my new chicken look like she may have EE in her? She looks mostly Brahma, but then I noticed her color has been very close to all your red and white EE's. I could try and get better pics. She was 12 weeks in these pics. Now she's 16 weeks.

I don't see any Ameruacauna traits; green legs, fluffy cheeks...

Anyone know how my gentleman got his color? He's about 8wk old. Maybe a little more.

I would say he is a splash version of your basic red and black EE rooster . That is 2 copies of the gene for blue . Every chick from him will be blue in the areas that are normally black .

Here's an updated pic of my Easter Eggers, now 4 weeks old. They've been in the house for the first 4 weeks of their lives and are getting moved to the garage on Saturday and then moved outside a couple weeks after that.

Is there a way to tell what color eggs an EE is going to lay? Mine are 23 weeks old and Im still waiting for an egg.

The head hen

And the lowest ranking girl
Yes there is. But it a well kept secret. Please keep it to yourself and Never tell anyone... All you have to do is....... wait for the first egg! That's it.
gig.gif

But seriously, EEs have the blue egg gene (from the Ameracauna) mixed with another egg color gene, usually the blue egg gene is expressed. You should expect a bluish/green egg. However, chickens aren't an exact science.... different colors are possible.

Back
Top Bottom