EASTER EGGER OR PRAIRIE BLUEBELL?!?!?

The Five O

Chirping
Apr 1, 2024
I purchased a few chicks and not sure what is what … Prairie Bluebells and Americanas were in the same bin at Tractor Supply! I believe from a previous post these are both females but appear very different . Both chicks are around 6 weeks old .

Attachments

• IMG_7620.png
    IMG_7620.png
    2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7621.jpeg
    IMG_7621.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7623.png
    IMG_7623.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7624.png
    IMG_7624.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
I purchased a few chicks and not sure what is what … Prairie Bluebells and Americanas were in the same bin at Tractor Supply! I believe from a previous post these are both females but appear very different . Both chicks are around 6 weeks old .
"Americanas" are Easter Eggers (they lay blue or green eggs, but do not belong to any recognized pure breed.)

"Prairie Bluebell Eggers" are Easter Eggers too (they lay blue or green eggs, but do not belong to any recognized pure breed.)

For both types, I would expect them to have pea combs, come in a variety of colors, and they might or might not have muff/beard on their faces. That description fits both chicks that you have.

I do not think there is any way to tell for sure which type they were supposed to be. But I don't think it matters much either, unless you want to know so you can buy more of the same thing.

"Americanas" are Easter Eggers (they lay blue or green eggs, but do not belong to any recognized pure breed.)

"Prairie Bluebell Eggers" are Easter Eggers too (they lay blue or green eggs, but do not belong to any recognized pure breed.)

For both types, I would expect them to have pea combs, come in a variety of colors, and they might or might not have muff/beard on their faces. That description fits both chicks that you have.

I do not think there is any way to tell for sure which type they were supposed to be. But I don't think it matters much either, unless you want to know so you can buy more of the same thing.
Yeah that’s exactly it I wanted to have blue or green eggers so it really didn’t matter I just wanted to know if there was a specific way to identify which is which that’s all lol . I’m content either way !!

Makes sense now . I’m actually getting some from a local spot here in CT . I’ll be getting Blue laced red Wyandottes,Cream Legbars , Salmon Faverolle, Blue cuckoo Maran , and Russian orloffs !

Here’s an update if the brown chicken from page 1.
Still think Rooster ??

Attachments

• IMG_7771.png
    IMG_7771.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7770.png
    IMG_7770.png
    2 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom