Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Are these Spurs growing??
1f61f.png
Yes, those do appear to be spurs, keep in mind that hens can have spurs too, but I would be very surprised to see them on a hen this young. Can you post a full body shot?

Scroll up. I posted some yesterday on here... This morning I said to my daughter "well maybe it's a hen afterall- guess we will wait and see". Then just now when I was holding IT I felt those pointy nubs. I have only had chickens since March so I am no expert! lol

Agreed. I will be amazed if it isn't a roo... And if it is-- then I am going to be pretty darn impressed with my rookie little self for catching the signs so darn early!! I am totally going out am buying more EEs... If I don't have a single darn blue egg by July I give up lol. My first EE decided she wanted to lay brown... So now I call her shitbird. Hehe

Scroll up. I posted some yesterday on here... This morning I said to my daughter "well maybe it's a hen afterall- guess we will wait and see". Then just now when I was holding IT I felt those pointy nubs. I have only had chickens since March so I am no expert! lol

Ok, I found your photos, and yes, I'm leaning toward cockerel now. I guess it's wait and see on this one!

Here are my two EEs now at 22 weeks. I had posted when they were younger and there was talk that they both might be boys :(
I'm hoping now at this age they are not boys. They both look like they have pointy neck feathers because of the darker feathers but if you lift the feathers they have rounded brown feathers surrounding the darker points.
I realize the pics with the darkest EE aren't great. I can get some better ones after work if needed. Most of the pics have the grey/light brown feathered EE with the other one in the background of some.

Thanks in advance!

Here are my two EEs now at 22 weeks. I had posted when they were younger and there was talk that they both might be boys
sad.png

I'm hoping now at this age they are not boys. They both look like they have pointy neck feathers because of the darker feathers but if you lift the feathers they have rounded brown feathers surrounding the darker points.
I realize the pics with the darkest EE aren't great. I can get some better ones after work if needed. Most of the pics have the grey/light brown feathered EE with the other one in the background of some.

Thanks in advance!
At that age, those are definitely pullets. They should start laying soon.

Here are my two EEs now at 22 weeks. I had posted when they were younger and there was talk that they both might be boys :(

Thanks in advance!

At 22 weeks there would be serious saddle feather growth. I don't see a saddle feather or hackle or sickle feather anywhere so I think you're good to go on them being pullets.

Back
Top Bottom