Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Good morning everyone!! Back again with an update-- my last pics of this one was I think 2 or 3 weeks ago. Now my bird is about 9 weeks old. I think all of you who said pullet might be changing your minds this week!!!!

I'm guessing boy again. Looks almost exactly like our boy Francis at that age. Saddles should start to come in as early as 11 weeks so I'd hold on a few more weeks. I have a iridescent solid black pullet so that's not why that's my guess. But the tail feathers, base of tail feathers, bright pink of the comb...I may, hopefully for you, be wrong, but that's my guess.

I was hoping someone might be able to identify, by the pictures I posted, if these chickens were males or female?I know this site is for Faverolles. My daughter has 2 Easter eggers and 1 Bantam Golden Sebright and 1 Silver Sebright. We were told the 4 chickens were pullets, but every site I visit at least these two look like males. We are unable to have roosters where we live. My daughter is heart broken that these might be males. Would anyone be able to determine by the pictures if they are female or male? Thank you

I was hoping someone might be able to identify, by the pictures I posted, if these chickens were males or female?I know this site is for Faverolles. My daughter has 2 Easter eggers and 1 Bantam Golden Sebright and 1 Silver Sebright. We were told the 4 chickens were pullets, but every site I visit at least these two look like males. We are unable to have roosters where we live. My daughter is heart broken that these might be males. Would anyone be able to determine by the pictures if they are female or male? Thank you

I'm not sure about the Sebright (the photo is a little dark) Could you post another photo, maybe a full body shot? I'm afraid that your Easter Egger is looking like a cockerel though. How old is it? A full body shot of he/she would be helpful.
Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

These are the two Sebrights. We were told they were hens, but the Goldens comb is different from the Silvers. They are about 5 weeks old.

These are the two Sebrights. We were told they were hens, but the Goldens comb is different from the Silvers. They are about 5 weeks old.

Your Easter Egger is definitely a cockerel,
hmm.png
I'm not sure what the silver sebright is, it doesn't look like it's all sebright. I also think it might be a cockerel. I think the Golden Sebright is a pullet, for now at least.

On the left is the spotted chick. Wish I had taken these just 2 days earlier, but you can still see. The one on the right has the solid stripe down the back. I really want a girl with white!

Taking bets!

Back
Top Bottom