Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Oh wow, featherz & nicole01 - both of you have beautiful EEs there. Hope mine turns out half as pretty - though like any "Mom", I think they are all beautiful in their own way.
Thanks

Ok, since you asked.. Here's the latest pics of my mystery chicken and his saddle feathers.
smile.png
12 weeks old now. I think he'll be gorgeous! All I could do was cellphone, it's pouring rain and didn't want to risk my good one.
tongue.png

he went from this:
51848_p1010777.jpg

to this:

51848_imag0086.jpg

51848_imag0082.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Your first EE looks just like my 13 week old EE.
smile.png
. They are all beautiful. I had to put my EE in "jail" for going after my d'uccle and biting her. Ugh! Two days of jail inside the coop has worked so far. Otherwise, she is a great chicken to have around!

Here's a good example for sexing EEs by color. These 2 EE Bantams were almost the sale color as chicks up to about 4 weeks of age, when the male started getting subtle signs of red feathers on his back

Ignore the Splash EE and ignore the fact that the little brown/gold EE does not have a tail (it was taken out by the other chicks and hasn't grown back yet). Also ignore their strange stances - they were afraid to walk on the slick floor.

chicksforsale009.jpg

chicksforsale006-1.jpg

I'm sure the answer is here somewhere-- but, how many posts do I need to have to be allowed to post pictures of my 10.5 week old EE?

Does anybody know what this is??? I got these from a classroom hatching project, otherwise I have no idea of their origin, I thought I had an EE pullet and an EE roo, but then i read a post that EEs never have wattles. So what the heck is this guy??? They are 13 weeks old.

35804_020.jpg

35804_016.jpg

Excellent. These are the other two from the same batch. The one in the background has barred feathers, no comb at all and yellow legs. I didn't think they looked like EEs but could they be crosses?

35804_017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom