Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

On a side note- does Esmeralda's eye look normal to you? It's getting that red skin like her comb. She is the only one. Is this ok?

Stretch and Pickles are both pullets. :)
Beautiful I night add,

ditto!
smile.png

I have better pictures of Pickles. She is hard to get close too- she doesn't like people or chickens. lol These are the best I could get and probably will ever get!

n
mknj iju';m, 'mu m mmm ; u m;;;;;;; m

She looks like one of mine or rather a combination of two of mine. One is a definitely pullet and the other I am not convinced yet but seems to look very similar to yours. Yours looks pullet to me but I am still inexperienced.

On a side note- does Esmeralda's eye look normal to you? It's getting that red skin like her comb. She is the only one. Is this ok?
The face, comb, and wattles (if they have them) all get red as the pullets get closer to laying. Some pullets are just naturally more red than others (I notice this more in silver based birds like Esmeralda) or they can get red from high temps or strenuous chicken activity. Esmeralda is a pullet, and she looks to be in excellent health. A lot of skittery pullets will calm down and become friendly once they start laying.

Some never do, like Dash here, who lives up to her name.

Eeek! A camera! RUN!!!!

Cool, cool their were three like this In the clutch another hen and a rooster do you have anymore Info on them. I wanted both hens but the guy didn't wanna sell the other hen without the male and I wasn't rlly wanting to hatch any chicks but if their as cool as everyone keeps telling me on this page I might have to see if I can pick them up for a breeding idea. Lol I just didn't wanna get stuck with a bunch of unwanted chicks like I had before when I let a couple leghorns hatch out their chicks.
Sent you a pm.

Quick check in-- all girls, right???
about 7 weeks... three different chickens
in front, chicken 1

chicken 1, back

chicken 2

chicken 2

chicken 3

chicken 3

chicken 3

All were supposed to be pullets, I think they all are, but #2 is a little feisty and the coloring on 3 has me worried.

These two EEs are about 6,7 weeks in these pics. I'm pretty sure the white one is a cockerel but I'm not sold on whether the darker grey one is a pullet or a cockerel. I put a close up of the head of the grey one in so you can see his comb. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom