Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Because I'm learning, I took another couple of pics of them...now at nine weeks. I also took a body shot of the dark grey in case feather pattern will help make things clearer. I realized that while their combs are pink, their combs are still very flat and underdeveloped compared to other pics I've seen, so maybe there ARE pullets. I really hope so. It's a good thing I didn't sell them or give them away quite yet!

Yay! Pullets for sure at 9 weeks. Usually by this age a cockerel is obvious from across the yard, with larger combs that are raspberry colored.

I have a four almost five week old ee she's starting to make a different sound then the rest of my girls and she's way bigger anything I can do to figure out early?

I have a four almost five week old ee she's starting to make a different sound then the rest of my girls and she's way bigger anything I can do to figure out early?

5 weeks is early, but sometimes they can be sexed. A clear closeup showing the comb is needed (helps if someone is holding for you) and a side view that shows the color and pattern of the feathers.

Back
Top Bottom