Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

@Wishing4Wings Here are a couple of pics of that one chick we've been talking about. i still didn't get as close as I wanted and the lighting isn't great but maybe it will help. They are 8 weeks old today.
Front shot (Mr. Obvious couldn't help but get in at least one picture.)

a little different angle

Side shot of the body

Oooo, yeah, looking kind of dark and patchy. In the top pic, it looks like some of the darker color is on the breast, though, so still could be an overall pullet pattern(?). Is the comb really that much bigger than the obvious pullets? If it is a male, it will be Mr. Ambiguous.
lol.png

@Wishing4Wings I'm not really sure if it's bigger or just different.

Here's pullet 1

Pullet 2

More up close and personal of his comb.

All are 8 weeks old. They were hatched from the same hen and roo.

@Wishing4Wings I'm not really sure if it's bigger or just different.

More up close and personal of his comb.

All are 8 weeks old. They were hatched from the same hen and roo.
Alriight, you've convinced me!
smile.png
Now I see it. In the weird world of not-quite-a-pea-comb-Silkie-cross that looks very male. You can even see the pink under the dark pigment. Are you keeping him? I want to see how he looks when he starts crowing.

Probably for a while. Just depends on how many total roos i end up with. Still have the two bantams that had early combs but aren't red yet to watch. If i end up with 8 to 2 ratio in that coop and they don't fight i might keep them both. Will just have to see.

Update pics of my 8 wk old EE, still no comb. The guess on this forum have been cocky but on one of the chicken Facebook pages say Pullet. I've given the chick a week to grow and see if there are any signs of gender???
Don't let the hackle feathers fool you, I pick her/him up today and they are rounded not pointy.

Last edited:
Update pics of my 8 wk old EE, still no comb. The guess on this forum have been cocky but on one of the chicken Facebook pages say Pullet. I've given the chick a week to grow and see if there are any signs of gender???
Don't let the hackle feathers fool you, I pick her/him up today and they are rounded not pointy.

With the overall patterned look and no comb, it looks very much like a pullet to me.

Back
Top Bottom