Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I showed you this one weeks ago. The general idea then was roo. Still feeling that way. No crowing yet, or male feathering, and doesn't stand tall like a male, but that comb sure is red. Bummer too. Was such a pretty, light colored chick. Picked it up and found pasty butt, almost put it back but decided I needed to care for it. Was afraid leaving it at the feed store meant it wouldn't survive. We have a home lined up for him at the first sign of crowing.

A more recent pic at about 7 wks

I showed you this one weeks ago. The general idea then was roo. Still feeling that way. No crowing yet, or male feathering, and doesn't stand tall like a male, but that comb sure is red. Bummer too. Was such a pretty, light colored chick. Picked it up and found pasty butt, almost put it back but decided I needed to care for it. Was afraid leaving it at the feed store meant it wouldn't survive. We have a home lined up for him at the first sign of crowing.

A more recent pic at about 7 wks

Yep, it's a boy with that big, red comb and the rooster red feathers coming in.

That's too funny. My older boy has named every pet he ever had Steve, it's weird that he went with Sparky for the chicken he named. My younger boy has discovered he like the name Henry, so he named a chicken that (he even named a plant Henry lol). By executive Dad power, I dubbed the chicken King Henry I, so that future chickens he names will be King Henry II, the III, etc.
Quote: Surprise surprise! We have a Henry too. But he's a cat.
It must be some boy thing. We have 3 adult neighbors named Steve (50+ yrs) but none of the boys' classmates are Steve. They're going retro with the animal names.

Hang on to that executive Dad power! That's even better than veto power.

Thanks for the help. I think too he will be a gorgeous bird... I will be sad to give him up.
1f61e.png
. Luckily the people we plan to give him to are good friends and I hope to get some fertile eggs from him at some point when we are ready for more little ones. They have talked to us quite a bit about their chickens and helped us with some questions we had with getting started.

We also have a similar bird who we once thought might be a roo as well but has grown to make us think otherwise. Henrietta, my son's favorite from the start, even though she is timid and won't let us near her even still. She's pretty too, although not as much so as the younger roo. She's about a month older than the other white roo.

This is Henrietta ..

Any guesses on this one....y'all have me wondering with those rusty/red patches! And she seems pretty lanky as you say with legs that seem to big for her body. About 9 weeks here......

Thanks

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6953560/width/200/height/400
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6953567/width/200/height/400

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom