Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Good Morning Everyone!!
Just checking in and posting this weeks pics of my bird whom I am suspicious of being a roo. This week the tail is a little longer and took on a curved shape. Of the 2 chicks this one is dominant but that isn't very incriminating since the other is a docile Buff Orp. Of course they are still very young and there's no saying what the gender is for certain at this point, but documenting for future reference couldn't hurt!
1f604.png

--Ashley

Good Morning Everyone!!
Just checking in and posting this weeks pics of my bird whom I am suspicious of being a roo. This week the tail is a little longer and took on a curved shape. Of the 2 chicks this one is dominant but that isn't very incriminating since the other is a docile Buff Orp. Of course they are still very young and there's no saying what the gender is for certain at this point, but documenting for future reference couldn't hurt!
1f604.png

--Ashley
Looks like a pullet for now.

Not always. With EEs, there is NO "always". Other factors need to be considered.

Certain things are sex linked. Red shoulders is one. Girls can be red all over but boys only can only have red shoulders. Same with salmon breast only a girl can have that.

I've seen so many ee at this point I can pick them out immediately. Not very many give me pause.

Good Morning Everyone!!
1f604.png

--Ashley

Boy

Certain things are sex linked. Red shoulders is one. Girls can be red all over but boys only can only have red shoulders. Same with salmon breast only a girl can have that.

I've seen so many ee at this point I can pick them out immediately. Not very many give me pause.

but this chicken has brown/red all over not just its shoulders. it has no comb at all and teeny tiny feet, rounded neck feathers and no saddle feathers yet.

Back
Top Bottom