Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I agree with you, I think pullet. Awful lot of red though.

Yes, I think pullet. She is showing gold more than the deep brick red that males get. Look at a gold laced Wyandotte rooster and you can see the red on the upper wing contrasted with the gold on the breast.
glw22014.jpg

It's a shame you lost her. Would have been interesting to see how she would have looked as an adult. She was cute! She had slender girly legs and feet, too.

Thanks for your insight. It is greatly appreciated! It is a shame indeed that we lost her. She was a good bird but had a strong will to do things her own way. She hated being with the other pullets, always aiming for their eyes and toes and had a habit of escaping the run. She was a little beauty though. Thanks again for your help!

I have three more EE chicks from the same hatch as our cockerel Brimley. I have guesses for each of these, but let's see what y'all think.

This is Owl. Her face looked just like a little owl when she first hatched. I had to help her out of her shell.

Sesame

Sesame in the back, Wilford in the front

Just Wilford. Sorry it's blurry

What do you think? I think Owl could be a pullet but the comb is awfully pink. Sesame I have no idea. Wilford I'm thinking cockerel because of the delayed tail feather growth.

Thanks in advance!

I have three more EE chicks from the same hatch as our cockerel Brimley. I have guesses for each of these, but let's see what y'all think.

What do you think? I think Owl could be a pullet but the comb is awfully pink. Sesame I have no idea. Wilford I'm thinking cockerel because of the delayed tail feather growth.

Thanks in advance!
How old are they?

A little help on this EE chick? I read the forum, noticing the trend on b&with EE tending to be male. This is Hawks. We're guessing roo but hoping were wrong. They're about 8 weeks old.
[/IMG]

I'm back! Lol! It's been a while since I posted but I'm checking back in to see if you guys think our 9 week old bird Kyle is a pullet or cockerel. Most people told me to wait and see when he/she was 5 weeks. What do you think now?

Bird 1

Bird 2

Both

Wondering about sex of these two EE's. Maybe 5-6 weeks old but not positive. I'll post them weekly and hopefully eventually we will know before long!

Bird 1

Bird 2

Both

Wondering about sex of these two EE's. Maybe 5-6 weeks old but not positive. I'll post them weekly and hopefully eventually we will know before long!
The comb on Bird 1 doesn't look like a typical pea comb seen on EEs. The comb on Bird 2 looks pinkish and cockerel like to me, but maybe a tad bit early to know for sure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom