Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Can anyone help me with the gender of my EE? I got her from a pullet bin at a feed supply store, but she is HUGE compared to my other pullets (different breeds).

EE 1 - I'm thinking hen?

I have an 11 week old flock that was raised together consisting of 8 hens and 1 rooster. I am trying to add two EE's that are probably about 6-7 weeks old (1 of 2 above). I have had them in the coop in a dog kennel for two weeks now and I let them free range in the evenings with the flock. They cannot be in the run together at all! The flock is NOT accepting my two new birds at all. What am I doing wrong? What more can I do?

EE 1 - I'm thinking hen?

I have an 11 week old flock that was raised together consisting of 8 hens and 1 rooster. I am trying to add two EE's that are probably about 6-7 weeks old (1 of 2 above). I have had them in the coop in a dog kennel for two weeks now and I let them free range in the evenings with the flock. They cannot be in the run together at all! The flock is NOT accepting my two new birds at all. What am I doing wrong? What more can I do?
Nothing. The younger ones are going to get picked on. That's just part of integrating chickens. Good news is that they are all still fairly young so any pecking order fighting should be relatively short-lived. Let them work things out, and be sure that there is ample room for all and multiple food and water stations.

Back
Top Bottom