Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I have two more EEs that are 3 weeks younger than Saga- so 7 weeks on Monday.
Same backstory- I bought them as 'sexed pullets' from my local feed store. They get them from Ideal.
Any thoughts?

This is Sigge.

Im worried I have a roo. Other people keep telling me pullet but can pullets have white like this? 3.5-4 weeks old

Feathering nicelt but has little to no tail feathers
I'm seeing the beginnings of white patches on the wings and pretty thick legs, so won't be surprised if it's a boy. Too soon to be sure. Watch for more white to come in.

Same backstory- I bought them as 'sexed pullets' from my local feed store. They get them from Ideal.
Any thoughts?

This is Brynja.

Any thoughts?

This is Sigge.
So far, they both look like pullets, especially Sigge. You should know for sure in a week or 2, so post updates, especially if you see any cockerel signs (sudden comb growth or dark red wing feathers).

We lost the EE to coccidiosis today. Very traumatic. Trying to save the others.
Quote: So sorry to hear that. It happens so quickly, and the chicken tendency to mask illness makes it hard to notice until they are very bad off. Good luck with the others. If you get the amprolium in them, it should work quickly.

This is such a gorgeous bird! I wish she were mine
1f604.png

Thanks!
She has quite the personality, too! She comes running to me when I call her name and then follows me around the property.
She is very VERY talkative - always has something to peep/cluck about. Lately she sounds like a barking seal / honking goose when she can't find her sisters! I'm sure the entire neighborhood loves that sound.

Back
Top Bottom