Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I have what I believe is an EE pullet. I call her pretty girl. She is only black and white- I'd call her silver, with no other signs of any other colors. He head and neck area is still fluff though, so hopefully Tess doesn't turn into a boy!
smile.png

Ok so I read every post here and now I am a little worried about one of these 6 week olds... I was sold these as Araucanas but I think they are EEs
I hope one is a girl. I think the brown one is. But the other has me worried.
This is Cleopatra
92388_p1030002.jpg

92388_p1030001.jpg

This is Rosebud

92388_p1030003.jpg

92388_p1030005.jpg

Also can someone please tell me what Pea Combed specifically means.

TIA
smile.png

Last edited:
With a comb that red, your Rosebud is almost surely a cockerel. It's around my birds age and yours definitely cries male. I'm not sure about your Cleopatra, I'm certainly no EE expert... My chick's got me confused... And pea combdenotes what type of comb it is. There are many different comb types and that's one of the smallest ones out there from what I've seen. If your new to comb types, you should google combtypes of chickens for images and description.
smile.png
Hopefully I'm at least somewhat helpful. Beautiful birds!

This is my last EE in question. I have my suspicions, but this one is not as much of a dead give away as my known roo, so I thought i would turn to you guys! Thanks so much!

59954_100_0208.jpg

59954_100_0209.jpg

I thought FOR SURE Tess was a girl, until I started reading this thread, and now I'm confused.
barnie.gif

I took this picture of the black chick, but Tess is the grey chick wandering around in the background. I know you can't see her comb, but it's just a tiny yellow nothing right now. I think she's about 4 weeks old. I'm not really sure. She now has pretty much all of her feathers - which are just grey and white - no other colors - she's strictly greyscale. haha.
smile.png

IMG_1368.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom