Easter Eggers-What breeds do YOU prefer to cross your Ameraucanas with?

Pics
Has anyone crossed a MFL with a wheaten AM roo? or a white leghorn with a wheaten AM roo?? pics if you have!
A white leghorn crossed with anything will produce a mostly white bird with a few spots of color.

I have two spare white Wyandotte hens who don't have a mate this year, so I have paired them with a Cream Legbar boy. I am hoping for some meatier EEs!

here i send some pics of the cross AM roo to orpington, brahma and pure breed AM (ameraucana)

It's been a while since I've studied genetics, so maybe someone could tell me what I'd get if I hatched my EE's eggs? My rooster is a Speckled Sussex. I have two EEs (my profile picture is one, and the other is identical minus the beard and muffs).

They both lay pretty blue eggs, like a duller version of a robin egg.

Quote:
Thats easy.. Speckled Sussex rooster is basicallya Black Tailed Red rooster with recessive mottling( look at here for visual http://www.cacklehatchery.com/speckledsussexpage.html ) so if cross him to EEs that look mostly wildtype partridge hens, the result of such cross will resut in birds that will look like speckled sussex without mottling(speckling) with beard..

Wow, sweet! I'm going to give it a go! This is kind of off topic, but can I put duck eggs and chicken eggs in the same incubator, but give the duck eggs an 8 day head start? I won't have enough duck eggs to fill the incubator in the 7 days the eggs can sit out waiting to be incubated, and I'd like to get a little more out of a month's worth of work...

These 3 girls are the product of a Black EE/Wyandotte crossing. The two girls together are around 3/4wyandotte and thè other girl is a chick of one of theirs crossed back to the same roo. 2 older girls lay green eggs, younger lays an almost blue egg.

I'm quite fond of the cross because they hens have more weight and are laid back, also, the male chicks grow fast and are HUGE so easy to sell.

The EE's will out breed when crossed to an another breed. EE's are crossedbreed chickens with the bluegene but in some cases they will pass the blue/gene to some of their offsprings they are hetero to bluegene ( which meens their bluegene are stronger and dominant) if u want to have some gene of the sussex in ur EE eggers use a pure breed ameraucana of araucana or even a cream legbar rooster to a female speckled sussex then u will have sussexEE eggers then cross a sussexEE to ur Girls and keep breeding them to a standard, i do experiment with my ameraucana roosters by cross breeding them to layers, orpingtons and brahmas,and with their offspring i will select some healthy and strong ones to cross breeding and at the end i will created a breed which breeds true im doing it just like they created the cream legbar and the ameraucana, what i have noticed most offspings hen chicks or poulets caries the blue gene only 2% on the male offspings will cary on the blue gene and that 2% will then be crossed they are the only once that i allowed to cross back to the other halve bloods and after 5 years of doing so u may get a breed true cross and if u want to standardice it to a full breed u most have atleast a min of 7 years after the firts breed true cross

The EE's will out breed when crossed to an another breed. EE's are crossedbreed chickens with the bluegene but in some cases they will pass the blue/gene to some of their offsprings they are hetero to bluegene ( which meens their bluegene are stronger and dominant) if u want to have some gene of the sussex in ur EE eggers use a pure breed ameraucana of araucana or even a cream legbar rooster to a female speckled sussex then u will have sussexEE eggers

EE are chickens, and they still follow Mendelian genetic laws, they are not some kind of weird alien chickens that will overrule the laws of genetics.

i have noticed most offspings hen chicks or poulets caries the blue gene only 2% on the male offspings will cary on the blue gene and that 2% will then be crossed they are the only once that i allowed to cross back to the other halve bloods and after 5 years of doing so u may get a breed true cross and if u want to standardice it to a full breed u most have atleast a min of 7 years after the firts breed true cross

breeding for blue egg shell gene is not mystery any longer, and quite an easy task if you ask me, the Way the blue egg shell gene is linked to the pea comb of EEs makes it easier..

EE are chickens, and they still follow Mendelian genetic laws, they are not some kind of weird alien chickens that will overrule the laws of genetics.

breeding for blue egg shell gene is not mystery any longer, and quite an easy task if you ask me, the Way the blue egg shell gene is linked to the pea comb of EEs makes it easier..

My msg was if she wants to keep have blue/green eggs she could try crossing a female sussex to a ameraucana pure breed or one of the 2 other breeds then cross them the her easter eggers, and for hi fertilty dont give them layena ( layers pallets) go with a mix of different seed mix like pigeon seed mix,and mix it with oyster shells and yellow or green split peas and oats I even mix in every day some dried seefood mix bought from a chinese-grocery(supermarket) seafood contains lots of protein and it helps then to want to mate fequently in other words seafood lets them get really "howRwny"

I also want ta add that I do have easter eggers that lays turqoise colored eggs and are single comb and have yellow legs a friend gave them to me because he read that single comb and yellow legs cross breed of ameraucana roo to some other hens will not lay blue/green eggs and what happened single comb yellow legged chicks he gave me turned out to blue/green egg layers and he's mad because i dont want to give them back to him :) I turned out to be lucky

The young EE chickens he gave me are in my ameraucana coop they just started to lay, thanks to share some imformation u guys and i'm glad to share mine i just some times dont know how to explain every thing that good English is not my mother language, papiamento and Dutch is my 2 main languages spoken at home and school were I work the most although we are not bilangual some of us Arubians do speak spanish, french, portuguese, and Deutch(German) and i do speak those languages total of 7 languages which at school they give 4 basic languages dutch, papiamento, spanish, english, and in college german and french

Back
Top Bottom