Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Mayapple
frow.gif

Well once I finally found th way in >i parked behind the flea market and walked around the fairgrounds till i found it< we were able to walk around twice and get a few ideas of what i"d REALLY like to have. I didnt get to talk to anyone as he wanted to see the tigers! ARGHHHHHH So...if any of you were the proud owners of the standard black cochins or the langshan i want them please...thanks!
clap.gif

Quote:
Hello Mayapple, and welcome to BYC. I am new myself, and my status has just recently changed to "just hatched". I think you will find this a lovely site, very welcoming and friendly. Glad you could join us.
smile.png

Quote:
I was born and raised in North Western Pa transplanted to Southern Maryland when I was 12, dragged kicking and screaming actually. Moved to the Annapolis area a year later and was there till I was 24 I then moved to the southern part of that county where I spent the last 13 years. I just moved here to Mosheim last June, but i've come here and stayed a few times before during my "Gypsy" years between Pa and Florida. My parents have been here for 15 years now.

I say "pop" or "soda pop" as Marylanders say soda or Coke and I'm a Pepsi drinker if i drink pop at all.

Quote:
Next question: exactly where is Jefferson City, coming from Johnson City.

On the far side of Morristown lmost in Knoxville. I think the last mileage sign i saw to knoxville on 11E was 27 miles.

Quote:
Don't try to make it go away! Be proud of whatever type of accent you have. It would be boring if we all sounded the same. I know I sound country!!!

Quote:
Try Sevier Co! Pigeon Forge to be exact. I was raised by my grandmother and we had an outhouse until I was 8...you don't get anymore "hills" than that but I am proud and never ashamed of my heritage.

Quote:
Tee hee! I knew someone was from the east, bc they call it soda. In MI its "pop".
This is a true story, its 1996, n I had just come down with my 3 kids n was @ ETSU for nursing orientation. Had been there all day n wanted something cold to drink. I sit down next to Alice who was dring a Mt Dew. I said "were'd you get your pop"?
Alice looking confused: oh, u mean my Coke.
Sandy, now confused bc Alice has a Mt. Dew: no your pop, your Mt. Dew
Alice: I got my coke in the vending machine dwn the hal
Sandy:??
So u won't find southern accents here, but I CAN almost understand them now, ha

Well, I am as country as they come and I call them SOFT DRINKS!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom