Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I did...had my 4 year old with me carrying a ray gun shooting dinosaurs the entire time! Hard to miss us!

Sorry I missed meeting you. I was late to meet Nellabean for those cochin x's and could not stay long because my girls were so hot
sad.png

how are the girls doing now? All the chickens there were miserable and panting but handled it okay. One of the black girls (not sure if it was the nonbearded one you got or the other black one that stayed here) was good about standing in the water coming out of the air conditioner condensate drain. SMART chicken!

Congrats to you both!!! I'm sorry i missed meeting everyone, i was rather rushed as many are at a chicken show with a VERY active 4 year old in tow. I wanna know how to get my grubby meat hooks on some of those langshan's and those standard cochins tho....anyone have an "in" on either of these breeds??? I just picked up a super sweet lav cochin banty for my daughter from laughin, she just sat on my arms the entire time we were there jibber jabbering. My daughter is going to be VERY pleased when she gets home tomorrow. I wish Greene County fair was having a chicken show, >hint hint to anyone with an "in" for this sorta thing<

You may have some luck at the TN Valley Fair in September. I don't know of any quality Large Fowl Cochin breeders in the area. I have only 3 pure large fowl cochins left.....my 2 hatchery barred hens and my blue rooster. But he is not show quality (major faults).....even though he is by far the best flock rooster I've ever had. He earns his keep around here.

the Langshans are impressive. There was also a few being shown at the Cocke County show in the spring (there is another coming up this fall).

Quote:
I don't need show quality of anything, i keep them purely for my own enjoyment as well as the kids. I just was completely impressed by their sheer size and beauty!!!!

Quote:
Thank you very much. I'm going to see if i can track them down. My son kept telling me he was taking them home! But i think they were all bigger than him LOL

Quote:
I don't need show quality of anything, i keep them purely for my own enjoyment as well as the kids. I just was completely impressed by their sheer size and beauty!!!!

The impressive size seems to only come with the show quality. Hatchery birds tend to be on the smaller size as they are more worried about production than breed correctness.

Quote:
Thank you very much. I'm going to see if i can track them down. My son kept telling me he was taking them home! But i think they were all bigger than him LOL

I'll ask my friend if she'll have any chicks for sale soon, her rooster is a big baby. Her Langshans are pretty huge!

Nella... Girls are doing great. Not sure which one stands in the water, but will put a big shallow flower pot base or something in there tomorrow and see what happens. They really enjoy their private fan though LOL. I dont think they got off the low perch (where the fan hits) for more than a couple hours today. Of course when the weather hits below 80...the fan goes the other direction to pull the air so they cant have a big breeze. Once they go to the main part of the coop....the fan is set not to pull air across the perches at all. I think they will do great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom