Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: The feeders are actual feeders out of an old Koch chicken house,
the kind that has a pipe running between them with an auger to deliver feed.

The pipe on the bottom is just there to help stabilize the sides.
I have them from 6 to 10 foot wide and from 10 to 23 foot long.
On the ones over 14 feet, the sides want to get floppy without the bottom pipe.

We found used kennels that people would sell for 50 or less.
Most would have damage to the fencing. We then took the fencing off
and added pipe to the middle and installed the fence.

If you look at the middle pic you can see the 2x2s and 2x4s on the right side.
These pics were taken several weeks ago.
They have since had tarps added around the right side ends.
They have traps for tops about 10 foot long.
I will be slowly changing the tarp roofs for metal.
Then the rest is covered with deer netting.

Here is the web site that I get a lot of parts form.
You might be able to redesign some of their stuff to make the 10 that you need.
http://tarps.com

NEVER to many questions, just never enough answers.

Well, this has me at a loss for words! I put the Orp and SFH into the brooder, they looked fine last night... check on them this morning and the Orp is dead.. SFH still may not make it either with the way it's been acting...

Well, this makes me feel better... nothing better than playing with furry creatures. These are 4 days old now.

@stang -- cute cute is there any cuter thing than a baby bunny? Will you keep pix coming like you did the last bunch? pretty plz

@ alexandraintn -- on the Serama thread, frizzles are highly saught after. A couple on there have them, but I don't think any are laying age or just not laying. Good luck in your search.

Hey I want to join the nyd hatch along. So do any of you have any frizzle serama egs for sale? I would prefer just 6 for my small hen who I want to set Dec 11th. Thanks so much!
Good luck. On my last hatch I got a frizzle Serama. I just ordered some more eggs that shipped today, and I think I got her last shippment. I have several in the batch coming that are supposed to be frizzled. Maybe this time next year I can help you out. :)

Apples...Are you pretty close to newport? I am getting ready to order now for a feb or march delivery. If you want to split an order (or if anyone else wants to) let me know. 

I am about an hour from newport. Problem is Im only 13 so I have to convince my mom this is a good idea too.

here is one of my Lemon Cuckoo Hens- you can see the cuckoo pattern but not so well from this angle.

I have finally got the fodder and fermented feed down pat (I think??) The chicken got their first taste of fermented feed this weekend and they loved it. I was kind of taken back by the fact they enjoyed it and dug right in since everyone said they would have to get used to it. Maybe its because they all get ACV in their water now. I figure anything I can do to cut some feed costs and have more nutrition for the chickens is great.

To all of you all hatching.. Good hatch wishes your way!!
To all of the newbies... Glad you joined us!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

@ Talbot Poultry / AJ

Thanks for the pics.
Ah, yes they did not have the coloring I expected, no offence, but I do agree they will make nice holiday dinner gifts.
The hen is pretty, I guess she will lay a large med-darkish egg so that will be very nice :)

As others have already said, your pens look look great, very functional arrangement.
Thanks for sharing,
FeyRaine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom