Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I have been a member of this thread since the beginning...made a great deal of friends which makes this so very hard.
It has been tried to discredit me as a breeder which is really sad because I have worked very hard on my farm. But...I am tired and feel it is time to move on as others have. It has moved me to just cut myself from all of this.

This has been a wonderful thread and I wish everyone well and hopes they prosper in their endeavors. If anyone needs to contact me feel free to do so at [email protected]
I will miss some of you terribly so...good luck.

~Terry~ aka TNBarnQueen
I hate that so many of our awesome founding members are leaving. Terry, you have been above and beyond a great wealth of info and help to get me started. I feel truly blessed to have found you on this thread and be friends now off the thread. Bairo, your knowledge and resourcefulness have helped me engineer coops, heat boxes, brooders that I would never have dreamed of before I met you. AJ, I love my teeny birds from you(Seramas) and the help you gave me. These are long standing members with a base of unfaultering willingness to help another person, be it a rookie like me, or old timers.

It is sad that these bottomless wells will be gone. We had a terrific thread that rivaled any on the site. I just wanted to give credit where it is due and say thank you all for the knowledge, the time, and the birds I have gathered from you. You deserved better from the site. You will be truly missed.
hugs.gif

I hate that so many of our awesome founding members are leaving. Terry, you have been above and beyond a great wealth of info and help to get me started. I feel truly blessed to have found you on this thread and be friends now off the thread. Bairo, your knowledge and resourcefulness have helped me engineer coops, heat boxes, brooders that I would never have dreamed of before I met you. AJ, I love my teeny birds from you(Seramas) and the help you gave me. These are long standing members with a base of unfaultering willingness to help another person, be it a rookie like me, or old timers.

It is sad that these bottomless wells will be gone. We had a terrific thread that rivaled any on the site. I just wanted to give credit where it is due and say thank you all for the knowledge, the time, and the birds I have gathered from you. You deserved better from the site. You will be truly missed.
hugs.gif
was on here just to delete some of my profile and skimmed over the posts for the last time.
I wanted to clarify...regardless of Tates Beliefs; we were not asked to leave and did not get into trouble. We choose to leave because we disagree with staff on deciding to let a member stay on the thread even after personal attacks that were proven to be full of lies. We also don't believe the other person (his support) should have been involved. But since misery loves company the other person felt the need to insert themselves.
We are leaving on our own accord.We love you guys but need to vacate for a while to work on other projects that may or may not include scaling up my cloud server to host another forum

They gave me nasty looks. Then this past Christmas, a dog showed up. We thought he was another dump off. Hubbie went to get the gun, but the youngest daughter had already grown very fond of him. He was like the perfect dog. Indoors and out. B/c of where we live, we really did not think he belonged to anyone. He was full of flea's, tick's, matt's, and had no collar. His toenails were ingrown into some of his pads.
Anyway, long story short. She got a collar for him for Christmas (he was at our house for 3 weeks, with free run of the yard). Christmas day he got let out to go potty and must have went home. He belonged to them.
Hubbie went to retrieve the collar, after the wife had called our house and talked to my youngest daughter. The wife was very nice, but the Husband came out of the house like a wild bull. He was angry and nasty, still remembered me yelling at them. I felt bad for the dog and my daughter, and my husband.
We have not seen or talked to them since.
Okay, now I'm about to jump on my soap box. I would've reported them. I'm about fed up with the way people treat their dogs. Tommy has hunting dogs that are outside. I have Zeb inside and now this puppy. Tommy gets dogs, trains them and then sells them. We go through about 8 dogs a year. He hasn't brought home a dog yet that wasn't flea infested. Even this little pyrenees puppy was eat up with them. How hard is it to treat for fleas? Go to walmart, buy the treatment for $4 and put on their skin. Ta da - three days later there is no fleas or ticks. It irks me so. That poor dog will be sorry he went home. And the man may have been hateful because he felt guilty.

Even the pill for flea's from the vet is only 10 or 12 bucks. Most offices, if people would just call them, will sell you the pill.

My silkies are hatching and I am trying to resist the urge to plant my face against the door.

I would be interested in some amerucana pullets if they are blue egg layers. I have a couple blue legged roo's that i would like to breed but idk if they came from blue brown green or white eggs.... THANKS McMurray

was on here just to delete some of my profile and skimmed over the posts for the last time.
I wanted to clarify...regardless of Tates Beliefs; we were not asked to leave and did not get into trouble. We choose to leave because we disagree with staff on deciding to let a member stay on the thread even after personal attacks that were proven to be full of lies. We also don't believe the other person (his support) should have been involved. But since misery loves company the other person felt the need to insert themselves.
We are leaving on our own accord.We love you guys but need to vacate for a while to work on other projects that may or may not include scaling up my cloud server to host another forum

WTH... Tate's beliefs!?! YOU SAID IT... read what you wrote. "you guys have my phone # or email is [email protected] if you need me. Sorry I need to vacate the premises as they say, LOL Staff has decided to believe 2 people over the entire group. You know...tolerance and liberalism and all ;)"

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Don't paint me to be the bad guy here with a indirect slam. I already said, I don't have a dog in this fight... you are the one who worded it to were it read that you got in trouble with the staff. That is your bad, not mine. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So now that you got me called out by name, let me be clear. I am not in this. I didn't report anyone, Terry contacted staff. I didn't even know that until yesterday night. I don't care if someone with pigeons writes on the thread. If someone bothers you, block them. This is all a huge deal over nothing, in my opinion. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, for the record, I wasn't even aware of the whole issue until last night. But if you feel that someone is a stalker, then why didn't you just say that? Instead you spouted about "no one wanting him here" and such. Again, I don't care if he posts about pigeons. He lives in ETN. Period. And where do you get off talking for the whole group, anyways?! If he did stalk anyone, say so in public... not in a PM you send around only to a chosen few... because I know I'm not the only one who didn't get the PM about his accused stalking and hoarding history. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So for the record, your post about him not being welcome and such... rude and uncalled for. Do I know for a fact he stalks or hoards? Nope. Sorry, but I don't. Maybe I have a different belief system; but the way I see it, you are innocent until proven guilty. Nothing has been proven to me except that you used bad form both in your post to him and in this comment about my beliefs using my surname of all things. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now can we please make this mole hill a mole hill again, because it certainly isn't any mountain.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Ok got a question need a answer. I got some laying hens like a year old and a half. The people I got them from said they was laying really good... but I have had them for a few days and they are not laying. I am just unsure why? Any ideas?

I've had enough. People spitting assumptions as if they are fact is getting out of hand. I come here for education. If there is something said that isn't true, I appreciate knowing before I totally screw up my birds.

I have gotten birds from Stang, Terry and Diane. I have gotten equipment from Bairo. And I have gotten endless information from Bairo and AJ.

I need the help. I've only had chickens for a year. If this site is not going to be educational, then it is entertainment. I appreciated having a local support system.

Ok got a question need a answer. I got some laying hens like a year old and a half. The people I got them from said they was laying really good... but I have had them for a few days and they are not laying. I am just unsure why? Any ideas?
They could still be getting used to their new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom