Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so my hens stopped laying weeks ago. I stopped looking for eggs, well I've been letting them out to help the ground dry up and I always count them because I make sure they didn't find somewhere else to sit. They were all in the coop last night and I had a pile of 9 eggs just sitting in the nest box... DOH!! I feel so dumb! I was getting sad about not having any eggs.
th.gif

Correction: 14 eggs! GAH!
lau.gif

Welcome back to the EGG world.

Hello Everyone! Things have been crazy in Gatlinburg, but I am still alive! I am so ready for drier weather. Mud everywhere. I have waged war on the rodents in my coop and so far I am not sure who is winning. I even got a cat for Christmas! Chickens are starting to lay again. I am getting 6-8 eggs a day. I have been leaving the light on longer so that must help. Well off the catch up... I see I have 250 post to read... Sigh....

so i managed to get 2 hens and my rooster in the pen. the other 2 hens are not making this easy. almost got another one but she got away. i am going to try agian tomorrow. 1 of my hens will not even get 5 feet near me. unsure why.

so i managed to get 2 hens and my rooster in the pen. the other 2 hens are not making this easy. almost got another one but she got away. i am going to try agian tomorrow. 1 of my hens will not even get 5 feet near me. unsure why.
Freedom = Don't know that person anymore!
big_smile.png
I'm surprised they haven't gone into the pen on their own, is it really low to the ground? Is there any roosts inside of it? That would be my only guess is that their natural instinct to roost is greater than their natural instinct to go back to their "home".

Sound like white egg layers.

You might need to take a fishing net and scoop them up just after dark. Put them in the coop and keep them inside for at least a week to make sure they know it is "home".

For those talking about looking for hatching eggs... I can do mixed bantams. Everyone is mixed up for winter, but if that doesn't matter to you, I can pull that off.

For standards, I can do mixed as well... but they will all be fathered by Barred Rocks. The hens are all different (including some barred rocks) but the roosters are all BRs

No they are game hens. Dbf brought them home to me.. 1 is suppose to be a laying hen.. but she looks game. This man gave them to us. But they still come down when I fed. And no the net thing doesn't work. I ran them all day and got no where. They sleep in the tallest tree they can find I believe. Going to try again tomorrow. Now that there is 2 it maybe easier.

Does that block them from PMing you or from seeing their posts? I've never thought of blocking someone on here and wonder what good it does?
The only downside is if they quote someone or someone quotes them...there they are. I wish it blocked completely but at least it does the majority of posts which is worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom