Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COLOR=CC0033]******NEEDING ANIMALS TO PHOTOGRAPH*******[/COLOR]

I already have chickens, guineas and rabbits (and plenty of dogs). I am looking for something else - [COLOR=0000CD]such as sheep[/COLOR]. I have scheduled to go to farm with donkeys next week. Does ANYONE have something else I could photograph? (or know of someone I could contact?)  Looking for close up shots of faces. I am looking for painting projects. Any help would be appreciated. I am willing to travel an hour in any direction. I'll even share shots if someone wants their pets photographed. Thanks.

Have you heard of the Circle Ranch Farm in Strawberry Plains? That might be a fun place to go. http://www.ridecamels.com/.

I am not sure how far away you are from Harrison (Birchwood area) but your welcome to come photograph the cows. The lady accross the road from us has Camels, Zebra, Yaks, etc. They run an exotics farm. She lets people take pics from the road all the time. You could also ask her, she seems nice enough.
Looks like it might be an hour an a half - but to get cows and camels....I'd do it. Can I in-box you with my phone number and maybe come one day next week when it is convenient for you? What kind of cattle do you have? My mom has black angus. I really didn't want to do a solid black cow.

My gosh....that is amazing. How come I hadn't heard of that? What else do you know?

I want to go. I want to go now. And it wasn't expensive. It looked like it would be cheaper than going to the Knoxville Zoo!!!!

Hello everyone. I live in a small mountain town called Devonia. It is in between Brushy Mountain State Prison and Lake City.
I raise many animals such as snakes, goats, lizards and of course chickens. I do not have many breeds of chickens yet but i have an incubator full of OEGF eggs and some silver laced wyandottes, marraduna basque, and rhode island reds that just got old enough to go outside to their coop. :)
I am also starting to raise pheasants again and am curious if their are any ornamental pheasant and/or peafowl breeders here in East TN so i can buy eggs locally instead of having them shipped this spring.

I need one more nipple bucket. Where can I get three nipples? (I never get over how stupid that sounds)
Hehe,...yeah...it does sound strange to say. I have horses but they are really weathered (muddy) right now. I will have a baby foal end of April!!
I think AJ may have bought some lately. You may want to message him to see if he has extras. I am going to order some but will be a couple weeks. If you have not found any by then you are welcome to 3 of mine.

I have never been to the zoo in Strawberry Plains but they have a zoo in Lake City that has lots of animals and is only $10 to get in. Cant ride their camels though. They have a lot of "alternative" livestock and a decent amount of zoo type animals. I have not been there in over a year but i plan to ask them if they will sell me pheasant hatching eggs this year if they still raise them.
http://littleponderosazoo.com/

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I live in a small mountain town called Devonia. It is in between Brushy Mountain State Prison and Lake City.
I raise many animals such as snakes, goats, lizards and of course chickens. I do not have many breeds of chickens yet but i have an incubator full of OEGF eggs and some silver laced wyandottes, marraduna basque, and rhode island reds that just got old enough to go outside to their coop. :)
I am also starting to raise pheasants again and am curious if their are any ornamental pheasant and/or peafowl breeders here in East TN so i can buy eggs locally instead of having them shipped this spring.
Welcome to our thread OrangeJuice! You will really enjoy getting to know everyone here..all you lurkers...talk to us.
lol.png
Just teasing...really..our little group is very active and you will have to make plans to join us a one, or all, of our picnics this year. It is nice to get to meet the people you see here on the thread. Don't be a stranger and jump right in!,

@Contrast....my son and his fiancee took her girls to that one last weekend. They all loved it!!

OK...I am going to start something for us here on the thread. I try to be on every day but every now and then I miss a day. OK...there will be a "Did you know...." posted each day here on the thread...that means everyone has to come to the thread every day to maybe learn something new!.
clap.gif
Or you can just read at your leisure and catch up. SO...here is the first one!

Did you know....... that a hen will turn her eggs she is brooding on an average 50 times a day?

@Contrast....my son and his fiancee took her girls to that one last weekend. They all loved it!!

OK...I am going to start something for us here on the thread. I try to be on every day but every now and then I miss a day. OK...there will be a "Did you know...." posted each day here on the thread...that means everyone has to come to the thread every day to maybe learn something new!.
clap.gif
Or you can just read at your leisure and catch up. SO...here is the first one!

Did you know....... that a hen will turn her eggs she is brooding on an average 50 times a day?
Good I can ALWAYS stand some good new learning

My fake hen turns its about three times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom