Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you all buy your pullets from. I'm worried about getting them shipped. I would much rather pick then up.
just depends on what you want. Most of us probably wont have much until later in the spring. Although AJ gets and therefore hatches more eggs...I'm not sure what he has going right now. Let us know what your thinking about and we will try to help. If your just looking for some egg production right now, there really is nothing wrong with getting chicks from one of the better hatcheries. Many of us got started that way, I did.
I remember when I used to argue till I was blue in the face about just having a few hens for eggs and how I would not stress about breeding, incubating, showing, etc... well, we see how that turned out
roll.png
But I still even now get some from a hatchery, I ,may only keep one out of ten because I might be looking for certain traits but even the ones I dont want are almost always healthy and lay just fine.

Ideal poultry has the better prices due to the extremely low shipping charges (even with the small box charges) and I have ordered from them twice and not had an issue.

Last edited:
I am not sure if it posted the first time. But here is what I'm looking for all pullets. Dutch bantam, ameraucana, rod islered, Jersey giant, red sex link, buff orpington. Remember I am wanting pullets. Also does anyone know about poultry hollow. I have been looking at them its 2.75 for up to a week old chick. I'm not real sure about shipping because I live where they have no mail boxes. I'm having things sent to dbfs moms.

I am not sure if it posted the first time. But here is what I'm looking for all pullets. Dutch bantam, ameraucana, rod islered, Jersey giant, red sex link, buff orpington. Remember I am wanting pullets. Also does anyone know about poultry hollow. I have been looking at them its 2.75 for up to a week old chick. I'm not real sure about shipping because I live where they have no mail boxes. I'm having things sent to dbfs moms.

I got a few chicks from them one time a couple years back and they were fine (except he misjudged one and it was a cockeral) BUT......there have been many bad stories about them also. So i may have just gotten lucky. I only got them because I happened to be in Knoxville when he was there and wanted to check out what he had.

I am receiving 15 from Ideal poultry late in Feb. and the total bill was 50.00 with shipping etc.
Meyer, murray, cackle, MPC ranged from 58-70 for the same thing. Thats a good reference point i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom