Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I had never heard of Poultry Hollow. Let us know how this goes if you do get chicks there.
Have you heard that weather forecast? Lots of rain changing to snow! 3 to 6 inches of it!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Is this the E TN Poultry Club meet? Or something totally different?! I want to hear more... please PM or email me at [email protected] (don't use the "email" thingy over there... lol)

This is the Cocke County Something To Crow About show that they've been having every spring and fall for years. This will be my 3rd time to show there in the spring show. I've only done the fall show twice, since last year I opted to go to the OH Nationals rather than the Cocke Co fall show
tongue.png

I haven't been able to attend an ETN Poultry Club meeting yet, due to schedule conflicts, so I don't know if they are organizing a show.

Thanks for clearifying WeGot.... I know there is a recently formed show club and just wanted to get that straightened out.

Now, anyone have a website or contact to get in touch with for the paperwork to show? I might be able to wash the mud off a few birds... if they don't drown first. (good thing there are perches)
big_smile.png

Quote:
The paperwork won't go out until April. There's a number you can call, but I will have to find it. Or you can look it up on the ABA calender of shows.

Or, you can wait until I get mine. I plan to scan it and post a link to it when I get mine because several people have asked me for it already. There's no online registration....

Quote:
The paperwork won't go out until April. There's a number you can call, but I will have to find it. Or you can look it up on the ABA calender of shows.

Or, you can wait until I get mine. I plan to scan it and post a link to it when I get mine because several people have asked me for it already. There's no online registration....

Spanks!!! lol

I'll go check out the ABA... I'm being lazy I guess because I am a member. DUH ME!!

Quote:
Their web site is www.poulryhollow.org. They list a lot of chickens and other birds. I emailed them what I wanted and they emailed right back and said they had them. Just told me to be sure I call before I come. To make sure they would be there. As for the weather. It was snowing here a few minutes ago. It quickly melted when it hit the window. Feels like the temp has dropped. I am really sick of this weather. My backyard is nothing but a swamp in spots.

I too will check out the ABA calender of shows. sounds like a fun little trip we can take.

Last edited:
I just stumbled across this thread and am real happy to join in. I and my wife are in Strawberry Plains. I thought I would pass on the name of a vet in this area who will actually see chickens. She has saved a couple of our beauties that I was sure were goners.

Dr. Laurel Johnson
Town & Country Animal Hospital
701 E Highway 11 E
New Market, TN
865-475-2000

They also have a clinic in Dandridge and I think she spends some time there too. Anyway, they are real nice people. We moved to Tennessee from Colorado about four years during the drought. I feel like I have been hood winked. I didn't know I would need to be building an ark !

OK I offically call a halt to rain. Yes, I do have the power to do this. This weather reminds me too much of FL. We would get rains like this for 24 to 72 hours. I say enough weather witch powers active.
wink.png

Alright, last call for sale birds at my house! I have 1 olive egger left ($12)

138047890_photobucket_2396_.jpg

1 splash andalusian hen ($10)
24277_downsized_0206011021.jpg

1 free bantam cochin rooster
24277_downsized_0206011017.jpg

1 free jersey giant/cochin rooster
138047890_photobucket_503_.jpg

and 9 young 3-4 month old OliveEgger/Cochin pullets. They are either blue, black or splash. All are feather legged and cuuuuuute. ($10 each or $8 each if you buy 3 or more)

Anyone interested? I will be driving from Knoxville to Dayton, TN this weekend and can bring any along!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom