Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ducks just wander around the yard all day. They have a pool to swim in....about a half acre fenced. they just waddle around and do their thing. But they eat a lot, poop a lot and like to dig big holes.

No thanks. Mine have zero interest in me......although if they know I have peas they will come sort of nearby but will not eat out of my hand or anything.

Quote:
Close enough for us, LOL..Welcome to our little nook
big_smile.png

Hi Everyone, Johnson City here
smile.png

I"m new to all of this! I have been wanting chickens for several years now and decided this is the year! I have 8 babies that I purchased at TSC on Tuesday. Right now they're living in my kitchen, but this weekend we're going to turn our garden shed into a chicken coop
celebrate.gif

I'm excited about my new adventure! So glad I found this site!

Quote:
Well I'm trying to get DH to approve (he won't give me the money
th.gif
says no ducks!) The only problem besides DH, I have no fenced yard but I have a pond (it's fenced but only to keep goats in) and I wonder if they would stay...

Quote:
I'm scared of ducks ever since they surrounded me at the duckpond when I was little. Scared my mom to death too. They had us standing on the park bench.Then they chased us to the car. First and last time momtookme to feed the ducks,lol!

I've 'met' these ducks; You have nthing to fear. They were very courteous about staying out of reach and not begging for treats.

Quote:
Well I'm trying to get DH to approve (he won't give me the money
th.gif
says no ducks!) The only problem besides DH, I have no fenced yard but I have a pond (it's fenced but only to keep goats in) and I wonder if they would stay...

Yeah they would stay. I have never had a duck cross a property line and I have no fence either. Chickens would wander away before a duck would.

Nella... still thinking on it. For one I work all this weekend.... but you are close enough I might be able to pick up after work on day..... let me keep thinking!!! lol

Yes, I am very hands off so my ducks are not rude at all. The worst they do is quack nearby if they are hungry and k ow I have treats....but they won't come all the way up close enough to actually touch.

Here was the drake and 1 girl this morning....they had all scattered around the yard scrounging in the grass.

138047890_photobucket_4913_.jpg

I am near exit 76 on the 75.....not far from either of you
wink.png

My neighbor and I dropped about a dozen trees in back...If anyone needs wood for next winter, all is free just come get what you want. It's all easy to get too also, pull truck or trailer right next to trees.
4" to 24" diameter maple, walnut, pine and one small cedar. PM me if you want my address. Off exit 432 and 40 on west side of Newport. I'm going to put my run back there so I need the room
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom