Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
frow.gif
HI all ya East tennessens!! I 'am looking for some one close that has French black copper maran hens for sale. I need 4 hens that have just started to lay or will be laying very soon. If you no of anyone please give me a shout!! Thanks

Quote:
There is a guy in Sevierville that breeds BCM's I'll have to try and find his info. I found him on ebay of all places when he was selling hatching eggs, but I know he has a big flock also. Try looking on ebay to see if he is still advertising anything. Also I'm not sure if poultry hollow has any or not, but they come to Knoxville every couple of months (look on Knox craigslist for that one he was just there so it may be a while before he comes back. Of course the poultry show is coming up on may 7th at A&I grounds in Newport....that is probably your best bet.

Last edited:
Quote:
There is a guy in Sevierville that breeds BCM's I'll have to try and find his info. I found him on ebay of all places when he was selling hatching eggs, but I know he has a big flock also. Try looking on ebay to see if he is still advertising anything. Also I'm not sure if poultry hollow has any or not, but they come to Knoxville every couple of months (look on Knox craigslist for that one he was just there so it may be a while before he comes back. Of course the poultry show is coming up on may 7th at A&I grounds in Newport....that is probably your best bet.

Thank you so much! I'am trying to replace some that a coon got..

My mother lives in Knoxville and says she has trouble finding chick supplies and feed. TSC sold her grower feed and told her to add grit. Her babies are a week old. Her older hens (separate from the chick brooder) have bald bottoms. I'll post pics of those girls later. She does have 2 roos that mount the girls regularly

Oh, and where can she buy food grade DE? How about organic feed? My aunt (her sister), won't take any eggs because they're not "organic."
tongue.gif

Thanks, y'all!! I
love.gif
BYC!

Quote:
Try contacting these folks for better info in your area for organics and DE http://knoxvillepermacultureguild.ning.com/group/knoxvillechickens

Also those chicks do not need grit if they are ONLY fed chick crumbles. I pers. feed Purina chick crumbles until they are 22 weeks or laying whichever comes first, then I feed Layena with freely available grit in another feeder.

Quote:
Tell her if she'll drive to lenoir city their is a feed store, LC Feeds, and they sale DE for $1 a pound or she can just buy a 50 pound bag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom