Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
There is no fun in that! my BR who just raised her brood (BROOD!) has decided to go broody (BROODY!) again. Hopefully she does better this time.

AGHHH! I swear I just heard the thump of all nine of my girls' fat bottoms hitting the ground. I'm pretty sure I'll go out there tomorrow and find them all crammed in the nesting boxes, growling in harmony.
barnie.gif

LOL!!! I just pictured Orps flopping down. LOL!!!

Oh and Daphne... don't touch a game hen (even the bantam versions) while they sit on eggs. You will lose a finger, possibly the whole hand, and if they can get to it... a eye. LMAO!!!

No kidding!! She is eight ounces of pure fury. I'm embarrassed of how scared I am of her. It's just any bird that makes me disrobe in an effort to defend myself.
gig.gif

Nella, have you tried dunking your girls in water? I read that some people had had success using that approach to break them. Not that would even attempt that with my little Bob. She would have me for lunch for even thinking it.

Maranman2011 ~ If I am not mistaken, someone on this thread was looking for maran laying hens to buy. I told them I knew of someone near Jonesborough that I had talked to on the phone once because I saw an ad in the Thrifty Nickle. Might have even been you I'm not sure. You might want to look back through this thread to see. I could be mistaken...I read a mealworm thread too and it could have been on that one. I will let you know if I come across the post. Of course, I am assuming from your username you do have marans???
hu.gif

Never mind Manranman I found it and it was on here and it was YOU!
th.gif
That was what me and my daughter call having a brunette moment.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Yep, they were incredibly offended and no less brody. Tomorrow morning I am going to redunk them and then tomorrow night I am giving baths to all of the cochins for the show.

BTW folks. Now I'm out of buff sebrights. lost the whole coop this morning and caught the dog in the yard (again). Law was called (again) and they tried to tell the owner they will have to pay (again).

I'm about to give up. Anyone interested in my birds, PM. I might be willing to make good deals to find them safer homes until this all gets settled.

Quote:
Yep, they were incredibly offended and no less brody. Tomorrow morning I am going to redunk them and then tomorrow night I am giving baths to all of the cochins for the show.

You have super-broodies, don't you? I can picture them with wet, droopy feathers, hunkered on the ground glaring at you. The good news is that you would have the cleanest, nicest smelling broody girls at the show.

Quote:
She knows you wrote this. There will be a meeting in the hen house tonight to plan a attack.

Psht. Bob doesn't need accomplices. She would come at me all by herself, Rambo-style. She's painting black stripes under her eyes as we speak.

Quote:
GRRRRRRR! That has got to be so frustrating. How stinkin' hard is it to contain a dog? How many options are there? They could put them in the house, garage, a shed, a kennel, a pen, a tie out line... and on and on... Your neighbor has to have fried every single brain cell to not appreciate how much the destruction is going to cost her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom