Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I know you all know me to be a Mustang fan (avatar and name are not a give away I'm sure), I really really love the car... I have Mustang shirts and had thought about getting a tattoo of the running Mustang on my back, but I just traded it yesterday for my new to me car... err SUV. I am now an owner of a 2005 Toyota Highlander, and lets just say I enjoy the smooth ride and comfort of this new vehicle. It's got plenty of room in the back, seats up to 7 people, it's my new bunny mobile! I will keep the avatar and name, as a symbol of my un-dying love for the Mustang. I figure once I have a job and earn enough to afford owning another vehicle (since we had to have a trade-in because we couldn't afford a loan without it) that I would get me another Mustang in the future
smile.png

grawg - cute!

Contrastphoto - pretty puppy!

Have 8 more days or so for the eggs I have in the incubator. My doe abandonded her litter of 8 babies, but they're at my friends house being fostered.
Bairo - I don't know if you'd be interested but after I get another litter from my doe, if you were interested you could have her. She was less handled by the person I bought her from, she can be picked up but just prefers being left alone, but isn't an aggressive doe either. If that would help you start out your meat rabbits. If she abandons the next litter I will cull her myself, but if you wanted to try getting babies off of her or something, she is pedigreed and won first place as a JR in fur class - wouldn't give you large rabbits as meat goes, but if you used the furs they'd be soft.

Congrats on the new suv. Depends on what breed she is...I might be able to cross her into some size. I am being really lazy getting the rabbit area done. I have an area built but still have to get the cages and get them on the wall. Ive been so busy building another incubator for myself and one for my father in-law and then that big floor brooder I built...ughhh. My nest boxes are coming down this week also, I am going to build a tunnel box. I have started having trouble with egg pecking from somebody and am hoping that will cure it.

i'am from dunlap, tn.would like to buy laying hens if anyone is near me.
I think there is a group in Chattanooga and also a middle Tn group. Someone there might be closer to you. Also check out Chattanooga craigslist. If I'm not mistaken Newnan, GA has their show this weekend, although that would be a little drive for you.

lol...I "get" cute, since we have Lucy. But you guys have got to get yourselves a "real" dog, LOL. Put your hubby on the line, we will talk and you just trust us
cool.png

Harley is still intact but was never registered due to an ear cartilage problem. If we can ever find an intact female we approve of we want to breed him. 90 lbs of pure baby in the house, and 90 lbs of pure hell if anything gets around the house........

Only 90 lbs huh...that's what a medium sized dog? I had a 150lb great dane as of summer last year(and for the past 10 before that) and still have a 110lb dane for the "real" dog category
wink.png
I love the big dogs, but it gets very challenging as they age.

Only 90 lbs huh...that's what a medium sized dog? I had a 150lb great dane as of summer last year(and for the past 10 before that) and still have a 110lb dane for the "real" dog category
wink.png
I love the big dogs, but it gets very challenging as they age.

I know what you mean..We were rescuing and fostering for a while and had all kinds. That last one "Molly" the St. Bernard we almost ending up keeping after getting her back to health She was about 200. Harley is my 4th GSD since I was a child. I got hooked on the breed early on. He is actually much better with the chickens than Lucy is (Lhasa/Maltese). The girls want another one (a Chiuaua) (SP) but I had to put my foot down on that one. Two is all we need right now. Our temporary neighbor has a Great Dane that has it in for our small dog and he has charged Megan and Lucy several times. I tried talking to them but they leave him off the lead about half the time still. Harley tore into him once pretty bad a couple months ago, but the other night we came home from church and he charged us again. When I could not get him to stop I let Harley out and he got him pretty good again...I told them enough was enough and I would be forced to shoot him next time as I did not want him to suffer by being torn up by Harley every time. They acted like they did not care. When that day comes, I will be very upset to have to take his life. I reported them but they wont do anything unless they see him off the lead.

this is rose henhouse;i'am in dunlap,tn. is anyone near me.

Welcome Rose
welcome-byc.gif
and to our little corner of the site.
Most of us are scattered from Greeneville to Knoxville, but I believe there are a couple down close to Sweetwater and then one or two as far up as TriCities.
We wont kick you out for being that far away though, LOL
Please jump right in to any conversation you like. If you have any questions there is probably someone here that has had experience with that particular situation. Ask away... we love to be enablers
wink.png

lol...I "get" cute, since we have Lucy. But you guys have got to get yourselves a "real" dog, LOL. Put your hubby on the line, we will talk and you just trust us
cool.png

Harley is still intact but was never registered due to an ear cartilage problem. If we can ever find an intact female we approve of we want to breed him. 90 lbs of pure baby in the house, and 90 lbs of pure hell if anything gets around the house........
I used to insist that he take the dog on his weekend-long hiking trips until he explained how embarrassing it was to pass other people on the trail with their manly-men dogs carrying their own packs while he was having to CARRY our dog.
gig.gif

Last night my old call drake passed on at around 10+ years old but his mate is very upset and now in a pen by herself. I have other ducks I can introduce her in with so as to try to avoid her getting any more sad than she already is but I cant decide which to try. She is a call mix and just abit larger than the average call duck and my options are either putting her in with my call girls who are smaller than her, or introducing her to my other group of pet ducks which are mixed sizes. Any ideas?

I used to insist that he take the dog on his weekend-long hiking trips until he explained how embarrassing it was to pass other people on the trail with their manly-men dogs carrying their own packs while he was having to CARRY our dog.
gig.gif
lau.gif
Ohhh. I def need to speak with him. Did you know that the rule book says if you love him, that he can get a real manly dog? Harley loves to go camping....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom