Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay. Still looking for a rooster!

Also, was wondering how people around here felt about meat rabbits. We are wanting to become more self sufficant and have been thinking about getting some meat rabbits. We already have dairy goats and want to get a few more chickens (we don't really eat that many eggs) plus we have the ducklies...

Support it 100% and acctually have some in the freezer myself!
smile.png
Hubby doesn't think they produce enough meat, but compared to a dual purpose chicken you get more or same amount of meat from a rabbit who may acctually eat less than your chickens. I've got several furs in the freezer needing tanned and just havn't had time to have it done or do it myself. So little is wasted on a rabbit, they're much easier to clean than a chicken too!

Sorry for the delay. Still looking for a rooster!

Also, was wondering how people around here felt about meat rabbits. We are wanting to become more self sufficant and have been thinking about getting some meat rabbits. We already have dairy goats and want to get a few more chickens (we don't really eat that many eggs) plus we have the ducklies...

@ stanglover2001 Happy birthday! I wish I was turning 24 again... Heck I would be happy if I was still in my twenties.... I am 32. Sorry you are having a bad day! I hope it gets better for you. I love you mini rex couple! So cute!!

Okay.....

Bairo - both 2 foot square cages, 1 waterer
Stang - incubator missing a screw
Snozzle - regular incubator

I believe the hanging feeders are the plastic 7lb feeders....they are the smaller ones you buy from TSC. I have two of those - $5 each
http://www.tractorsupply.com/harris-farms-poly-hanging-feeder-for-5-15-birds-7-lb--2160042

The 1 gallon hanging waterers - $3 each or $2.50 each if you buy multiples. I probably have 5 to 10 of these
http://www.tractorsupply.com/harris-farms-poultry-drinker-1-gal--2167654

The show box is the same one as the 3 hole next to the wire cage in this below photo (pix stolen from Lori! ha...mine is brand new and never used) - $30

The 4 hole, 5 foot long cage - $50

Bairo, here are the 2 you said you wanted

the nestboxes - how much did I say they were? $20? It is nothing fancy...has no back as it is meant to be mounted to a wall. has no top or no bottom, depending on which way you turn it (i've used it both ways!). Big enough for ORPS or JG as each hole is either 14x14 or 16x16. Can't remember now.

I am west of Knoxville......don't have any plans to be going to the East East side of the state any time soon....usually am off to NC quite a bit but not any time soon.

Nella....im in and out of town (mountain City and Waynesville the rest of the week.) can we try and get together next week?
Or we can meet up anytime your heading east or to NC as I am in no hurry to get them anyway if your in no hurry to get them out of your way??? I do def. want them though.

@ stang

Happy B-Day!!!!! Sorry about your hand, but thumbs are over-rated anyway
roll.png

Did we talk about a d'argent buck?? I knew you had a doe that you thought was going to be a bad mom. Do you have a D'argent doe also? Going to breed them? I would really be interested in some babies from that!!!!! I'll cross them into some New Zealand blood to get a bit more size and try and keep the nice fur. Now that we are talking more than "snack rabbits" you have my full attention LOL

PS. You do know that every animal has enough brains to tan their own hide? Your such a young thing (LOL), you may have never heard that one. If not, research tanning with brain matter (natural tannin)

Last edited:
Duhhh
Brain storm.
  1. Stang is fairly close to nella
  2. Stang wants to go get brooder
  3. Stang is coming to picnic
  4. Everyone buying something from Nella is coming to picnic
  5. Stang could probably make enough delivery money from all of us to pay for half her brooder?? I know I will give a few dollars or 5 or 8 or whatever it takes not to drive to west Knox.

I knew I had a brain for a reason
yippiechickie.gif

What you think Stang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom