Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course go figure, now that I am trying to downsize, sell the coop and give the 2 oeg bantams to my vet the hen goes broody. Guess they will stay here for now lol

@courtcourt
welcome-byc.gif

@Peach2u Awww adorable babies squeeeee...
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:courtcourt Your husband sounds like a very intelligent man.You should probably just let him get more ducks instead of more chickens...
smile.png

Also,
welcome-byc.gif

Your husband sounds like a very intelligent man.You should probably just let him get more ducks instead of more chickens...
smile.png

Also,
welcome-byc.gif

If we could assure that we were getting girls, he'd be all over it. :) TSC only had straight-run ducklings, we couldn't find ducklings anywhere else locally and didn't want to have to order a high minimum from a hatchery. We don't even know what kind they are. (They are yellow, so we're assuming they are Pekins.) Since we have a new baby and are in the middle of an international adoption, we promised each other we'd start small this year. If we can find somewhere that won't make us get a ton at once, and they come sexed, the ducks will likely outnumber the chickens next year. ;)

If you went to the Soddy TSC or the Dayton one, they are Pekin. When you get ready next year for duckies, hit me up. DH has Welsh Harlequins and Muscovy now. We are getting Runners this year.

A nice feature about welsh harlequins is they are an auto-sex breed as I understand it. I am planning on getting 3 WH girls from duckgirl89 assuming she hatches any out this year...

@gablebabble What kind of runners are you getting?

We are getting Crested and Non-Crested Fawn and White, White, and Chocolate as eggs. They make me think of Dr. Seuss's thing one and thing 2, sooo cute. Then we are getting Lavender, Trout and Apricot Penciled from a breeder in AL.
Yeah Welsh have an auto sex feature. I would love it if all duckies and chickens had auto sex features, would make for easier planning. Don't get attached to that one Angel, it's a boy. Cuddle this one it is a girl. I always seem to fall for the roosters and drakes.....

So I just discovered there is a thread that has people just down the road from me! That's so cool to know that within just a few miles of me there are people raising chickens. I'm within 1/8 mile from Kevin Brown Burger's on Mahan Gap.

Do any of you locals know a reputable place where I can get pullets that are about ready to lay? I've got a new pen and would like to start off with some hens about that age as I don't have a good place for some day old chicks to grow until they are OK to be outside.

Any reply would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom