Eastern Washington

Happy Wednesday everyone... the big fire just north of us is almost contained... yippee! We have had over 1200 firefighters, helicopters, the Red Cross etc etc in our little town for a couple weeks! People that were evacuated have been able to return home, and things are getting back to normal, so just wanted to say a BIG thank you to all who have been praying and thinking about us!

Maggierose, so glad to hear things are getting better with the fire! What a scary experience.

Thank you for the kind words about my daughter. She is a sweet and kind young lady. She jokes that I'm filling my soon-to-be empty nest with chickens, lol.

And eggs should be showing up soon (cross fingers!). Peanut and Molly have both gone very red faced, with Peanut doing the egg-squat every time I go near her. She has also become very vocal in a very different way than the others. Peanut is my smallest girl, esp for a BO, so it will be funny if she lays first. Don't think any of my EEs are anywhere close. I'm guessing they are going to make me wait a good long time.

Oh, I almost forgot. WSU Avian Health & Food Safety Laboratory posted this handy tool on their Facebook page today. You may already know about it, but thought I'd share just in case.

"Do you need a vet who can treat your chickens?

Visit: http://www.myveterinarian.com/avma/vclPublic/
Click on the "advance search" tab, enter your location (city, state, zip) and check the "chicken, turkey, goose, duck" option."

Maggierose, so glad to hear things are getting better with the fire! What a scary experience.

Thank you for the kind words about my daughter. She is a sweet and kind young lady. She jokes that I'm filling my soon-to-be empty nest with chickens, lol.

And eggs should be showing up soon (cross fingers!). Peanut and Molly have both gone very red faced, with Peanut doing the egg-squat every time I go near her. She has also become very vocal in a very different way than the others. Peanut is my smallest girl, esp for a BO, so it will be funny if she lays first. Don't think any of my EEs are anywhere close. I'm guessing they are going to make me wait a good long time.

Oh, I almost forgot. WSU Avian Health & Food Safety Laboratory posted this handy tool on their Facebook page today. You may already know about it, but thought I'd share just in case.

"Do you need a vet who can treat your chickens?

Visit: http://www.myveterinarian.com/avma/vclPublic/
Click on the "advance search" tab, enter your location (city, state, zip) and check the "chicken, turkey, goose, duck" option."

thanks, Palchick and Chaebird! how funny/interesting about the egg-squat! I love the different vocalizing, too... so amazing!

frow.gif

Hi everybody! Hope all y'all are having a good week! This is the only time of year we lock our doors in Goldendale... when we have zuccini... you don't lock your car? You come back, and you have a bag of zuccini sitting in your car seat!! hahahaha

Hee hee, so true. Even when nothing else does well, the zucchini always comes through! Can't wait to settle and have a veggie garden next year! This is my first year without one, ever. Just too crazy with all of the house-building, moving, etc.

Back
Top Bottom